Media Centre
Aug 17, 2010 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

volume

Banned user who had re-registered.
I'am planning to buy Noontec V9-T HD media player and dual-tuner PVR.

http://www.dansdata.com/noontec_v9t.htm

I feel this was the cheapest band the best solution for what I wanted to achieve from my media requirements.

I need to be able to watch downloaded movies directly from my media centre witheout having to connect my laptop every single time.

The bit that is important to me is being able to map the media centre folder on my laptop which should allow me to play music from foobar into the rest of my headphone rig, would there be any sonic changes when I do that.

The reason I want to use that path is beacuase I'am running out of disk space on my laptop and want a central location for all my music.

I need some suggestions to decide whether ithis is the right thing to do,or whether the music will get altered when taking this path.

Aug 17, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #3 of 13
Build a mini HTPC imo. Same thing, different box. Price'll be around the same if you do some shopping on good deals.
Music won't be altered as you'll have digital output as an option.

Example of how small they can be: http://www.amazon.com/LUXA2-LVA20012N1Z-Aluminum-Center-Silver/dp/tech-data/B002D48GRK/ref=de_a_smtd

Aug 17, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #6 of 13
The one I'am enquiring,I need help on deciding whther it will do what I want,as I have explained.

I'am not looking for other options.

The one I'am referring costs $300 Aus.

Aug 17, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #7 of 13
Looks like some propietary crap rather than a HTPC, so there's no guarantee that you can tweak the decoders etc to ensure full compatibility.
But it'll probably work for most stuff.

You realize you can just buy /any/ low end pc for $300 and do the same, right?

Aug 17, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #10 of 13

Quote:
I realise that,but then I wouldn't get other features like hdmi and optical out,there is heaps more.

Could someone else comment.

If we are talking about the same unit, it can support a internal HD so it would also function as a standalone. The unit is loaded with features, did you check the feature lists?
Have a look here: Feature List

Aug 17, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #11 of 13
I have checked all the features,I know it is loaded with them,but my only concern is whether I would be able to easily map its folders on my other laptops so I could then play the music from foobar 200 on my laptop, whether it would work witheout any colouration to the data transferred.

Aug 17, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #12 of 13

Quote:
I have checked all the features,I know it is loaded with them,but my only concern is whether I would be able to easily map its folders on my other laptops so I could then play the music from foobar 200 on my laptop, whether it would work witheout any colouration to the data transferred.

Based on what I read, it will function as a stand alone player because of the HDD.  Considering it does have a HDD it should allow you to easily map the file structure through your network like any PC or laptop.  I would double check with their support just to make sure. I am just going by my experience with media players...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back