Me = happy boy! The W5000 are in the haaausse! - now w/ pics!
May 1, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #16 of 39
Yeah, bass is there, it's not just as prominent and warm as in the HD650's. Not complaining though, just sayin'
wink.gif

But on to the really really important stuff: the carrying case!
biggrin.gif

Anybody got any info on why they switched colors and if it marks anything?

May 1, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #18 of 39
I actually find them rather scratchy (mid and high centric) in the first 2-300 hrs, though enjoyably so. After which (maybe a hearing adjustment/burn-in, but most likely adjustment made to the shape of the headband) eveything smoothed out. Instead of all mid and high, when the ear pads did not apply equal pressure all around, it now has a complete and cohesive soundscape.

And the flight case is is a "brownish" black, the last time I looked.

May 1, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #19 of 39
I can not get enough of my W5000 with the Woo6... I have a pair of HD650s also that I tend to listen to only through the Grace M902.. but the 5000s beg for the immediacy and thump a good tube amp can deliver. And the mids loose just a touch of their brightness with the right tube.

Jeff

May 1, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #20 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by j5brock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can not get enough of my W5000...

Actually for me that becomes a "problem". Already spent a whole weekend doing nothing but listening them, and now every day at work I am impatiently waiting for the moment when I can get back home to enjoy them again. I must be sick, but it seems that they are what I was after for such a long time.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #21 of 39
congratulations!
smily_headphones1.gif
sorry about your wallet. enjoy them and post your impressions!

May 1, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #22 of 39
PICS PLZ!!!11 lc

tongue.gif

May 1, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #23 of 39
Pics are coming! Have to wait til the wife takes a shower or something, she already thinks I'm a total psycho about my cans.
biggrin.gif

And my very recent purchase of the WA6 didn't exactly score any extra points with her..

May 8, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #27 of 39
Hello there!
600smile.gif

May 8, 2007 at 10:22 PM Post #28 of 39
i am suprised you guys have an hobby at all,for all the preety blonde swedish girls,i would ditch my headphones anyday.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by wovenhand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, same to you, it's nice to see some more Swedes with a decent hobby. =)

May 9, 2007 at 9:05 AM Post #29 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by wovenhand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, for the W5000 owners; my carrying case is black, while all the pictures I've seen of the case are in of some kind of light brown finish.
Does this mean anthing what so ever, like, did they start out with the light brown finish and then switch to black? Just curious..

Seems to be so, my carrying case has the light brown finish. My W5000s are about 18 months old.

There have been recommendations in previous threads to bend the headband and rotate the pads for a better fit.
Also I'd strongly recommend to give the Fitz mods a try if you get the feeling that the upper midrange exaggeration is starting to fatigue you.
My impression is that the bass got stronger after some months, this may be due to burn in of the drivers or the pads were worn in by then. But in general I never had the feeling that the bass was lean or thin, quite the contrary.
Bass reproduction and imaging may vary a lot depending on the headphone amp you use.
One of the Fitz mods boosts the bass a lot, but for my liking this was too much.

Have fun with your new W5000
icon10.gif

May 9, 2007 at 10:18 AM Post #30 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by pearljam5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i am suprised you guys have an hobby at all,for all the preety blonde swedish girls,i would ditch my headphones anyday.
biggrin.gif

There are nerds in Sweden as well
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back