MDRV150 w/K81DJ Pads = Wow...
Jun 22, 2007 at 10:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

qazwsx

500+ Head-Fier
very good sound. I always love messing around with stuff and decided to replace the pads of the two. I wonder...are all the V-xxx series bad because of the pads? Because after the pad switch, the K81DJ's sounded almost exactly like the MDRV150's. The 81 pads on the 150's make the sound totally different. Although the bass extension is still poor, I no longer get that boomy sound, in fact they sound bass-light. Mids are so smoothly represented, so silky. Highs are toooootally different -- slightly bright but still enjoyable, and I get good soundstage. I'm actually getting that "Sony" sound, that airy/soundstage/brightness. This would be such a killer $20 headphone if it weren't for the crappy pads.

And I'm running totally flat this time.

Someone who owns both switch the pads & and tell me what you think.

Jun 22, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #4 of 7
I was going to buy the V150 to do a transplant of the KSC75s to the enclosure. I guess I can try it out...when I get my paycheck. I found out the KSC75s don't sound bad closed, unlike the Grados, so I'll close it up and see how it goes...if not there are also other various implants :3

Jun 22, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #5 of 7
Man, I don't even know if I believe you. I'll see about trying to space my V300 away from my ear a little and see if there is any improvement, but I'm not holding my breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back