MDR7505 vs 7506 - Isolation & Leakage
Jun 3, 2005 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rayzian

100+ Head-Fier
I got a pair of MDR7505s for my birthday. My friends payed $180CDN for these cans. Going from PX100s to these phones have it's disadvantages and advantages. One advantage being that these cans isolate alot, and leak very little. I can blast these phones at school in the middle of class and no one will hear what I'm listening to, this is a BIG plus. On the bus, I can blast it and won't have to worry about hearing the loud motor or people talking, and they won't have to worry about hearing my music either, I like it like this. Another advantage would be it's looks, my god these have to be the sexiest phones I've ever owned. But the SQ on these phones aren't the greatest. Bass that was deep/low on my PX100s somtimes seem too... 'midbassy' and muddy/boomy with these phones than that nice low deep bass with my PX100s and at times it even sounds abit distorted. I don't want to go back to my PX100s mainly because they don't isolate at all and leak like a mutha.

Anyways, I'm thinking of returning these phones and getting some 7506s AKA V6s (plus pay the difference), but how is the isolation and leakage? I know this is my second thread about the V6s but I really want a final phone.

Jun 3, 2005 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 4
IIRC, the V7505 is the V600 drivers in the V500 housing (or maybe its the other way around, not sure). My uncle (who does video production) has a pair of them for monitoring. They sound better than the speakers he has in his basement (some low-end mid-80's Marantz floorstanders crammed into the corners) but beyond that I don't know too much else about them (I didn't have my DT770's with when I listened to them, and last time I went to his house I couldn't find the 7505's).

Jun 3, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #3 of 4
I have a pair of 7506's. They isolate very well. I don't don't how well compaired to the 7505's, but I would think it would be the same since the design is very close if not better. Sound quality is preaty good but not the greatest compaired to my 650's.

-Alex-

Jun 3, 2005 at 9:12 PM Post #4 of 4
Isolation is so-so on the V6. Nothing like my e2c but still better than an open earcup. For sure it isolates less than my DT770.

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back