MDR-XB500 (or) HA-RX900
Mar 16, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCount666 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While on the topic, I like the RX700 but can't deal with 11 feet of cord, how difficult would it be to shorten or replace all together?

Very easy, it's single entry so open the left cup (3 screws) de-solder the cable, cut to length, splice and solder.

Mar 16, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very easy, it's single entry so open the left cup (3 screws) de-solder the cable, cut to length, splice and solder.

Thank you, Sir. Another quick question, will an iPhone 3G be enough to power these well, or would I need an amp?

Mar 16, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #18 of 22
Graphicism
Thanks, I'll buy RX700 today or tomorrow from Amazon.com
because I need it just for music

Napilopez
Thank u for reply ^_^

TheCount666
I agree with u, but the cord of XB headphone is very short

Let it be longer, It's better than to be shorter

Mar 16, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #21 of 22
So I picked up the XB500 today, figure might as well give them a shot since they didn't have the RX700 in J&R.

I've been listening to a little bit of everything, but I gotta say that the bass is a little overpowering of everything else just like they say. I turned up the treble on my iPhone and that made them much better, especially for non hip-hop songs.

I've been a little spoiled by my D2000's, I guess. However my complaint with them was that there "wasn't enough bass", now I've got a set with "too much".

I also tried the Grado SR80's in the store and they were fantastic, but being open made them impractical for my commute and work.

I find the cord on the XB500's to be perfect length for iPhone/Portable usage, but since they don't fold and have the huge cups, they aren't terribly portable although they do come with a little suede baggie.

I'm listening to some rock on them right now, Porcupine Tree's The Incident, and they don't sound all that bad. The bass is more relaxed since it's real instruments, it makes everything sound a bit more groovy, I guess, than may have been intended. One serious problem it had with the Rock is rapid drumming, it just kind of rolls through it rather than distinct individual hits.

I really wish I had an RX700 on hand to compare them.

Mar 26, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #22 of 22
Can you post a picture to show a size comparison somehow? I want to get the 500 but just want to make sure they aren't too huge. A picture on your head would be great if you could! Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back