MDR-XB40EX... Wrong choice?
Aug 21, 2011 at 1:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dub Beatz

1000+ Head-Fier
Whatsup guys. I let my impulsive side get the best of me today during a visit to Fry's. Here's what happened. I went, solely planning on looking, not purchasing. My original plan was to eventually purchase a pair of sub $100 iems for everyday listening, since I'm in the process of selling my Turbine Pro Golds. I had narrowed my list down to the hippo VB and A-jays two. However, when I went to Fry's I saw they carried the XB40EX. I went ahead and purchased them, and was rather pleased with their sound signature. However, I just want to know the following...

Will either the Hippo VB or A-Jays have more bass?
Will either the Hippo VB or A-Jays have better bass?
Was it stupid to purchase them for exactly $60? 
For that price, do the Hippo VB or A-Jays outperform the Sony's? 

Tell me I didn't make the wrong decision! Or if I did, then maybe it's best I know. I'm looking for some quick input, because if it comes down to it I will have to return them either tomorrow or the day after. 

Thanks Head-Fi!

PS - Don't recommend me the Turbines, please!

Aug 21, 2011 at 6:21 AM Post #2 of 4
Considering the fact that you can buy the XB40EX from amazon 40$ i ll say you didnt make your homework.
Also i havent tried them but joker rated their SQ somewhere below 5. So maybe the hippo VB would have been a better choice. Especially if you like your bass rumbling your head and in the mean time not covering the mids and highs.

Aug 21, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #3 of 4
The EX510 are better sounding with deep punchy bass and wide soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back