"MDR-V700s -- the perfect headphones"
Jan 15, 2002 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

Flasken

Exhibit A in the case FOR a legal drinking age.
Everyone here seem to somewhat agree which headphones are good for what, and which are not. So why do so many reviews of headphones on the internet disagree completely???

Allow me to quote Adam Douglas at http://gear.ign.com, talking about the V700DJs :

Quote:

All in all, the Sony MDR-V700s are superb headphones. Throw in a carrying pouch, the tightly-coiled cable, and the ability to use as a one-cup system, and you've got -- dare I say it -- the perfect headphones. OK, maybe not perfect, as they are a little heavy. But you're not going to get this kind of power without the added weight.

If the V700 are so crappy please tell me why he can't see that?

Here is the full, slightly amusing review of the V700s

Jan 15, 2002 at 10:09 PM Post #2 of 50
Well, on one hand the guy is absurd, yet on the other hand, he recommends AKGs for serious production.

Oh, about that other hand:

And speaking of booming, the bass on these things is exceptional. With frequency response down to 5Hz, the low-end is fully represented.

This one floored me.

these Sonys keep the mids balanced with the lows and highs. And how about those highs? Crisp as snow after a long, cold night.

If your as deaf as Richard Simmons is gay.

confused.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
eek.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2002 at 10:27 PM Post #4 of 50
Just read the "review"... what a joke! Thread posters here should be doing the reviews of headphones. His was no review. "they look cool, they swivel, and they play bass loud". Yeah, friggin' great... that's what makes these the perfect headphones. This guy's review is useless. No wonder the public is dupped into buying crap. What's worse, people will actually take his consumer reports/crutchfield-focused recommendation.

Can you tell this pissed me off?
TELL ME WHAT THEY SOUND LIKE! I BUY HEADPHONES TO LISTEN TO THEM!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! !
mad.gif

Schiss

Jan 16, 2002 at 12:02 AM Post #8 of 50
Quote:

Nice Photoshop work!

i can't take credit, it's by some farker.

edit:
whoa, am i going crazy or....
confused.gif

Jan 16, 2002 at 12:07 AM Post #10 of 50
yeah, that's what i thought.

i like the boobies in your avatar. they look like leggo boobies.
eek.gif

Jan 16, 2002 at 2:44 AM Post #15 of 50
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
This thread sucks about as much as these headphones sound.

You've been on the rampage lately KR...everything ok buddy?
wink.gif

George

Users who are viewing this thread

Back