MDR-v6 or shure ec2? quick question!
May 3, 2005 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

xstephanx

Head-Fier
I'm ordering my phones tonight, and its a tie up between shure ec2 and mdr v-6, this is mostly for punk, ska, metal and jazz listening. will also be used ofr watching dvds with dolby headphone.

May 4, 2005 at 12:03 AM Post #4 of 6
Considering your musical preferences, I would go for the V6. I honestly don't think you'll be sorry with that choice.
biggrin.gif

May 4, 2005 at 12:42 AM Post #5 of 6
well thats 4 unanimous opinions so ill go with the v6s thanks all, its been a struggle but im really geting into head fi stuff.

May 4, 2005 at 1:11 AM Post #6 of 6
IMHO 2 dramatically different cans. e2c isolates a TON better than the V6. V6 has WAY more bass and upper mids/treble. e2c has nearly NO treble by comparison. IMHO V6 mids are harsh and fatigue. post burn in e2c mids are smooth and very pleasant. e2c bass is warm but not bloated or exagerated like the V6. Both seems to lack extension just a little.

I really cant stand my V6 for solo trumpet/horns (IE jazz)... piercing and unnatural.

With that said... I like the e2c better when isolation is needed. If you can EQ the mids down a bit and isolation is not that critical the V6 is the winner.

My oppinions of course,,,

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back