MDR V6 Help
Dec 1, 2009 at 12:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

shagota

New Head-Fier
Hey guys. I have the Sony MDR-V6, and, when I plug them into my mp3 player, a Sony Walkman S-Series, for some songs, sound only comes out of one ear, for other both, but for all, the lead singer is always in the right ear. I can slightly pull out the the jack, and it will fix it, but obviously, I do not think of this as a good solution. Are my headphones supposed to sound like this? Are they broken? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dec 1, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #4 of 6
Sometimes, your audio will vary when you have different phones. Try using a different phone.

If there were a problem with the wires or connection, you might find the audio coming out of one ear - most of the time, anyway. If worse comes to worse, you might want to contact one of the people in a relevant forum for help on repair - unless you know your way around a soldering gun.

Dec 1, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #5 of 6
please don't double post.. its sortof the universal pet peeve in forums.

as for the problem, try the headphone on diff. sources and see if the same problem occurs. its a simple matter of trying out different tests and narrowing down the problem yourself. If it works on your headphone out from a laptop, obviously it would be the source. but to me it sounds like it may be the sony walkman thats having the issue

Dec 1, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #6 of 6
The jack on my V6 is loose-fitting on my amps too.
The jack seems to be a tiny bit on the small side, and must be wiggled around sometimes in the jack, to get the correct sound from the cans.
The V6 is the only cans I have that are like this.
My cans that have good Neutrik plugs fit the tightest and best.
But my current V6 sometimes needs a wiggle or two to get the sound from both earcups, then they are okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back