MDR-V6 Head Size + ATH-A Series Headband
Apr 29, 2007 at 8:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

huhwhat

Head-Fier
...weird thread of the week.

To all the owners of MDR-V6s out there, just wondering, which notch do you leave your headband at? 7, 8, 9?

And, owners of the ATH-A/ ATH-AD series, do you know how well those self-adjusting headbands fit on a large head?

Apr 29, 2007 at 9:13 AM Post #2 of 9
The notchs have numbers? I just adjust them to fit my head good, 3-4 notches up per side.

I just checked, notch 4 or 5 for me.

Apr 29, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #3 of 9
'Tis as I feared - mine is set on 9, can anyone say megacephalic?

I first noticed it when I saw how little white steel was shown (meaning low number of notches) on those V6s worn by the Family Guy cast.

I would really appreciate it if those who have had experience with the ATH-A/AD series tell me how well those self-adjusting headbands fit on a big head...

Apr 29, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #4 of 9
holy crap
i wear mine my v6 at 1.5-2

i slid it down to the 9 and put that on my head then put on my a700 as low as possible and its a bout the same

but a bit different because the a700 are wayy more circumaural

Apr 29, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #5 of 9
I think you'll have no problems with closed audio technica models. I don't know about the AD series, but I would assume that they are similar in fit to the closed models.

For reference, i wear my v6s set at 7 and I've never had a size issue with AT phones.

Apr 29, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by huhwhat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I first noticed it when I saw how little white steel was shown (meaning low number of notches) on those V6s worn by the Family Guy cast.

I would really appreciate it if those who have had experience with the ATH-A/AD series tell me how well those self-adjusting headbands fit on a big head...

OMG awesome video, I love family guy...I just spent an hour watching more FG vids, hehe

Apr 30, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #7 of 9
I got my MDR-v6's set at 6. I like them
wink.gif

May 3, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by huhwhat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Why is Seth wearing them backwards?

Also, mine have 3 showing, so I guess they're on notch 4 then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back