MDR-v6, first impressions
May 18, 2005 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

xstephanx

Head-Fier
just came in the mail today, got opened at customs. no breakin yet as theyre new but here are some things i noticed.

PICKY. picky picky picky, they really show a bad recording for what it really is ( i like this quality).

the treble is decent, but my energy c-1> v6. and its still not broken in, it should smoothen out a little bit.

bass isnt outstanding but pretty damn good. I get usable extension down to the 25hz range(with a sine wave), but theres alot of higher order harmonics going on at that point, and some mechanichal distortion.

I find them VERY comfortable, they go perfectly around my ear, dont clamp too much, or too little, not headbanger phones, but enough grip that itll take a fair bit to take em off my head. The contruction is also very good, numerous metal parts/pivots, but of course im still scared for em so ill baby em.

The lower midrange isnt as loud as the upper, so i might bring that up a bit on an eq, but apart from that they sound good.

A solemn thanks to the members of head-fi for helping em get my hands on these

My wallet forgives you
icon10.gif

May 18, 2005 at 11:16 PM Post #2 of 4
Congratulations! I'm glad you're enjoying them right out of the box. And there's no need to baby 'em........they are built to take some abuse. Mine look almost new after about 15 years and 4 teenagers.
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2005 at 11:58 PM Post #3 of 4
Fads have come and fads have gone, but after all these years, the only constant in my audio inventory has been the Sony MDR-V6's. I am well aware of their faults, but no headphone consistenly satisfies me (or at least fails to disappoint me) like this one has.

Enjoy. Now get the Beyer pads.

May 19, 2005 at 12:46 AM Post #4 of 4
actually my ears are PERFECT size, they literally fit these perfectly, and theyre not uncomfortable or not in the least. maybe the hair helps. now wheres the v6 smily?
smily_headphones1.gif
i guess ill have to use that one
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back