mdr-V6 comfort < 280 pro's, imagine that!
Oct 19, 2003 at 1:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ImMersion

100+ Head-Fier
So i got my v6's from the ecost deal....and these things are NOT circumaural for beginners.

they are a lot lighter, and dont grip the top of yourhead like the 280s but due to their design the pressure is put on the ears.

after 1 hour of having these on, my ears get intese physical pain. Again cuz they dont cover the ears and just sit atop them.

when i put on the 280s is like another level of comfort (yeah, how pathetic is that!?!
rolleyes.gif
) and my ears arent huge either....thats the thing.

whats up with that?
confused.gif
mad.gif
280smile.gif

Oct 19, 2003 at 2:39 AM Post #2 of 10
Two words: Beyer pads.
biggrin.gif

Edit: What I mean to say is, get some Beyer 250 pads (you can do a search, this comes up all the time) to replace the stock V6 pads, and then they're pretty comfy. I've been able to get much more use from my V6s since I got the Beyer pads.

Oct 19, 2003 at 2:41 AM Post #3 of 10
i think there are quite a few people who would share that opinion actually. :cough:big eared freaks
tongue.gif
:cough:

edit: oh yeah, i'm just kidding about the ear thing. everybody's ears are different. some just don't vibe with the v6s i guess.

Oct 19, 2003 at 4:18 AM Post #4 of 10
I have read the instructions to change to the Beyer pads but it does not seem all that easy to do. Actually, how difficult is it to change the pads?

Oct 19, 2003 at 4:37 AM Post #5 of 10
Hmm, yep, that doesn't jibe with my experience. Though nothing I've worn so far is as comfy as the CD780s...

Oct 19, 2003 at 8:36 AM Post #6 of 10
I didn't think the Beyer pads would change the feel of the V6 so much, but I was mistaken! I ordered the pads from Beyer (around $25) and looked at my $50 V6 - spending half the cost of the cans on new pads irked me a bit, so I demanded an improvement. After the 15 minute project (I found great directions on this site; do a search for v6+beyer+instructions) I was completely surprised! The most obvious enhancement is that the 'phones become circumauaral; they now surround one's ears rather than simply sit atop them. This makes the cans WAY more comfortable, and the velour material actually helps the cans "breathe" better than the pleather. I now admit that the $25 investment for the Beyer pads was a worthwhile one, as it has allowed me to watch the Godfather I & II in one sitting without becoming uncomfortable; the stock pads would have grown too hot and annoying halfway through the first Godfather!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 21, 2003 at 4:13 AM Post #7 of 10
i still think hd280s are more comfortable

Nov 21, 2003 at 4:21 AM Post #9 of 10
First, is there any other supplier of Beyer pads than Beyer?

Second, does order just "Beyer pads" or is their a specific model number associated with them.

Third, how can it be that they make the V6 circumaural? After all, the pads are the same size (in terms of inner and outer diameter as the original V6 pads, no? So, if the V6 didn't fit, it would seem that neither would these. Or am I missing something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back