MDR-V6 Beyer Pad Mod
Jan 10, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #2 of 24
Step 1: Buy Beyer DT-250 pads

Step 2: Pull stock pads off of MDR-V6 / MDR-7506

Step 3: Install Beyer DT-250 pads

Jan 10, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #3 of 24
Its really pretty easy. The only thing is it can be tricky to keep the foam that separates the driver from your ear to stay put when installing the new pads. Some people tape them to the pads with a small amount of scotch tape to make it easier.

Jan 10, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #4 of 24
ericj - I'm going to buy the Beyer pads when they are in stock, and would like to put them on without screwing something up. Your reply is insulting and arrogant.
I'd just like someone to show me a link to the instructions.
Thanks

Jan 10, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Razorhog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ericj - I'm going to buy the Beyer pads when they are in stock, and would like to put them on without screwing something up. Your reply is insulting and arrogant.
I'd just like someone to show me a link to the instructions.
Thanks

No, it really is easier than it sounds.

I could try to describe the methods for installing and removing earpads, but it's bleedin' simple and as soon as you have new pads in your hands it should be glaraingly obvious.

Jan 10, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #7 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, it really is easier than it sounds.

I could try to describe the methods for installing and removing earpads, but it's bleedin' simple and as soon as you have new pads in your hands it should be glaraingly obvious.

Sure, to someone who has done it before. For example, it's kind of like someone asking me how to put a new cd-rom in their computer. (I've done it hundreds of times and it is quite simple...glaringly obvious I might say)
I could tell them:
1. Buy a new cd rom.
2. Take old cd rom out.
3. Put new cd rom in.

But that would be insulting to the person don't you think? There are few things that need to be done in order for the installation to go smoothly.
Anyone with a slight grasp for the obvious knows that I need to take the old pads off and put on the new ones. It's the details that could end up being the kicker - I don't want to end up messing up a driver, tearing the new pads, etc. I'm anal and just want to do it right
wink.gif

Jan 10, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #8 of 24
But this is far easier than replacing a cd rom drive.

This is on a level of simplicity where any description of the steps needed to achieve success actually increases in obfuscation at the same time as it increases in accuracy.

Once you hold the new pad in your hand, all will become clear.

Jan 10, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #10 of 24
Honestly, folks, do we need to bicker over this?

It really is pretty easy to get the V6 pads off -- just gently pull up and out along the seam with the plastic cup and keep going until it is all the way off.

As for putting the beyer pads on, I couldn't say because I haven't found any beyer replacement pads yet!!!

--Chris

Jan 10, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #11 of 24
B&H is out of stock but have you tried calling beyerdynamic USA directly?

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #13 of 24
What are the benefits of the pad change? Is it just for cosmetics/comfort? I love velour pads and would gladly do it just for those reasons.

Feb 14, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiComm4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are the benefits of the pad change? Is it just for cosmetics/comfort? I love velour pads and would gladly do it just for those reasons.

It makes them VERY comfortable.

Mar 24, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #15 of 24
i should be getting the Beyer pads tomorrow. I noticed in the pictures that they look like they don't have any fabric within the pads to cover the drivers. If so, do you have cut the fabric from the sony pads to cover up the drivers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back