mdr-sa3000 vs mdr-sa5000
Dec 3, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #31 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justice Strike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i had a cd380 (yes yes, low end) but i really liked that headphone... alas i cannot find a shop that sells them
frown.gif

i'm also quite curious about the cd3k.

I own both the SA5000 and the CD3000,its very hard to compare a closed phone with a semi open one,but the 3000's have become my main phones by far.

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #32 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by ford2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own both the SA5000 and the CD3000,its very hard to compare a closed phone with a semi open one,but the 3000's have become my main phones by far.

Are you using stock cables?

Dec 3, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #33 of 69
I have sold my SA5000 under $300. I have seen as low as $250. So if you are really set on SA5000, I would wait until used one come up here and ask the seller if he is willing to ship to your country.

Dec 3, 2009 at 9:09 AM Post #34 of 69
that's the question. It's quite a lump sum and i cannot really test them anywhere. I have tried the sa1k and i do not dislike them... but they pale in comparison with the hd800 or hd650. But ofcourse those are not really good comparisons. They are in a whole different league.

Ok let me put it this way. I liked the hd800 because of the detail. Which totally lacked in the hd650 which i didn't like that much (in fact, i think i even prefered the sa1k over the hd650). But no way in hell am i buying a hd800 at this moment.

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #39 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justice Strike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well i heard that the sa3000 is well worth the money, they seem to be as fast as the sa5000 only lacking in bass.

If the SA3000 has less bass than the SA5000, it must be totally lacking in bass. The SA5000 are certainly not bass heavy, and without the right system can be painfully bright.

Dec 4, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #40 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunneebear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you using stock cables?

The SA5000 has an RS-1 cable fitted thanks to Sony's Y splitter.
The CD3000 Apuresound cable [Headphiled Woodies] balanced.
Stock CD3000.

The Woodies are my main phone.

Dec 4, 2009 at 3:54 AM Post #41 of 69
Dec 4, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #42 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by ford2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The SA5000 has an RS-1 cable fitted thanks to Sony's Y splitter.
The CD3000 Apuresound cable [Headphiled Woodies] balanced.
Stock CD3000.

The Woodies are my main phone.

Mines are fitted with connectors so I can compare them with the same cables. The cable that I use the most for both SE and balanced is the Mogami star quad for each channel. That is two + and two - wires per driver.

As you know comparing a open and closed phone is not simple but for me the SA is better at most music. The CD can sometimes have incredible midrange but only with some music and certain amps. Most people seem to have a problem with open headphone bass. I don't. I think the bass on the SA is superior to the CD. The CD has upper slam or prat but it is not as controlled and deep as the SA.

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #43 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunneebear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mines are fitted with connectors so I can compare them with the same cables. The cable that I use the most for both SE and balanced is the Mogami star quad for each channel. That is two + and two - wires per driver.

As you know comparing a open and closed phone is not simple but for me the SA is better at most music. The CD can sometimes have incredible midrange but only with some music and certain amps. Most people seem to have a problem with open headphone bass. I don't. I think the bass on the SA is superior to the CD. The CD has upper slam or prat but it is not as controlled and deep as the SA.

Would like to see a pic of the connectors and what type they are.
The bass on my Headphile CD3000 is very tight and controlled and better than the SA's by far,in fact it has got to the stage where I no longer listen to them.
There is a big difference in bass between my stock and the woodies,and in other areas as well.
Without going into long and detailed explanations the woodies are better all round.
If you search a lot of the old posts etc you will find that everyone who has the Headphiled CD3000 says the same thing.

Do not forget the connector pics,very interested.

Dec 5, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #45 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sadly enough, I'd pass on the SA5000.. The cabling will go out.. It's almost a guarantee..

If I was going to buy the SA5000 then the only way to do it is to buy a recabled pair,preferably a recable that has four conductors so you can go balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back