MDR-R10 New Sony info page
Aug 30, 2001 at 10:16 PM Post #2 of 37
Thanks for the link! Sorta funny that the MDR-F1 is on that page as well though.
biggrin.gif

Aug 30, 2001 at 10:25 PM Post #3 of 37
oh wow.....now I hate vertigo-1
tongue.gif

Aug 30, 2001 at 10:33 PM Post #4 of 37
Quote:

coolvij said...

oh wow.....now I hate vertigo-1
tongue.gif

Get in the back of the line, coolvij, I was here first!
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Aug 30, 2001 at 10:34 PM Post #5 of 37
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2001 at 12:09 AM Post #6 of 37
Am I the only person who thinks the F1 sounds good? Seems people always claim it is incapable of deep bass. Wrong. The times I have tried it out (3 times so far) the bass was accurate and detailed, but not bloated and heavy, like some phones. Actually, the sound from the F1 was similar to the K1000 I listened to when Tyll was out here. I don't think that is shabby at all. And that open design would be SO nice on these hot days.

Aug 31, 2001 at 1:38 AM Post #8 of 37
Damn you, Budgie..............just when I had pretty much forgotten about getting the F-1s because of all the negative press here and on Headwize, you come out with a rather glowing report......and seeing those pictures.......they look VERY comfy and cool.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 31, 2001 at 8:54 AM Post #14 of 37
I wonder where the best place is to buy a pair of these. After not really liking the STAX Omega i think these would be nice, seeing as i love my CD1700 so much.

They are much cheaper in Japan, anyone know an online store to buy them? Not that US store selling them for $3999 and earmax pro on the smae page. Somewhere else please!

Second hand market on these is dead. Vertigo-1, think it's time to move on and let me buy them?!!!

Aug 31, 2001 at 9:17 AM Post #15 of 37
Hmm, great as that picture looks, that's NOT how they look at all in real life. The wood is much lighter color, with a more whitish look to it.

Bah, being as I get to stare at them everyday, their looks have worn off on me...instead of worrying about the looks, I just simply anticipate the sweet, beautifully natural sound that's about to envelope my ears everytime I hit those latches on the briefcase...
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Second hand market on these is dead.

Well there is like only a whole two R10 owners out there. And I don't think we'll be selling anytime soon...
biggrin.gif
For some reason I feel a lot more pride in owning an R10 than I probably would if I owned an Omega II or an Orpheus...maybe cause I made the R10s more of my "ultimate headphone" goal the first time I saw a pic of them, than I ever made those electrostatics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back