MDR-CD900STs to which Ear Canals ?
Feb 27, 2007 at 10:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Psyence

New Head-Fier
Im looking for advice, currently i have a pair of Sony MDR-CD900ST's that i picked up in Japan, and i love their sound. The phones are made by Sony Recording Studios for studio use.
But im now travelling more and to be honest they are not great at isolation or good to sleep in; so im looking for a similar sound but in ear canals.

I think ive narrowed it down to the following models; E3C, ER6, ER6i, driven by my Zune.

The Zune has a better bass response and overall sound scape than the nano (which i also have), so bass enhancement isnt my biggest concern.

What do you guys recommend ?

Feb 27, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #2 of 3
I hate to sound like a groupie but IMHO the ATH-CK7 sounds and looks much better than anything on your list. Hate to add to your confusion. From the ones on your list I'd say go for the er6i - but the CK7 is more comfortable and has better bass response at he expense of a tiny bit of isolation. They cost about $75 shipped from HK.

Feb 28, 2007 at 10:45 AM Post #3 of 3
Dam, i thought that i had reviewed all the headphones in this range, the CK7's look quitegood.. Any idea how they compare to the models i mensioned previously ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate to sound like a groupie but IMHO the ATH-CK7 sounds and looks much better than anything on your list. Hate to add to your confusion. From the ones on your list I'd say go for the er6i - but the CK7 is more comfortable and has better bass response at he expense of a tiny bit of isolation. They cost about $75 shipped from HK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back