mdr-7509 vs. dt-880
Feb 20, 2006 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

AsuAmo76

100+ Head-Fier
mdr-7509: What's wrong with me? Why did I buy them? Didn't I read the multiple threads dismissing them as the overpriced poorly sounded bad alternative to 7506? Don't they have overpowered bass and non-existent treble? Can they handle complex passages when bass fills up the air? (No, they fail).

dt-880: What's wrong with me? Aren't they provide clean and neutral if not exciting sound? Don't they have excellent value for a buck? Aren't they in the same league as sr-325 and hd-600? (Yes, I actually preferred 880 to above mentioned senns and grados).

Why then dt880 are so busy collecting the dust?

I guess sa5k play the role in this arrangement. 7509 seem to complement them very nicely - I'd say the way 990 complement 880. sa5k are the killer cans - about everything sounds muddy compare to them (at least in their price range). Not 7509. They manage to put the highs on background while maintaining the sound clarity and providing, believe me, lots of excitement.

Feb 21, 2006 at 7:59 AM Post #2 of 3
Obviously nothing's wrong with you, you just prefer 'exciting' headphones. Don't know why you felt compelled to post about it though, it's very common.

Feb 21, 2006 at 8:24 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by AsuAmo76
mdr-7509: What's wrong with me? Why did I buy them? Didn't I read the multiple threads dismissing them as the overpriced poorly sounded bad alternative to 7506? Don't they have overpowered bass and non-existent treble? Can they handle complex passages when bass fills up the air? (No, they fail).

dt-880: What's wrong with me? Aren't they provide clean and neutral if not exciting sound? Don't they have excellent value for a buck? Aren't they in the same league as sr-325 and hd-600? (Yes, I actually preferred 880 to above mentioned senns and grados).

Why then dt880 are so busy collecting the dust?

I guess sa5k play the role in this arrangement. 7509 seem to complement them very nicely - I'd say the way 990 complement 880. sa5k are the killer cans - about everything sounds muddy compare to them (at least in their price range). Not 7509. They manage to put the highs on background while maintaining the sound clarity and providing, believe me, lots of excitement.

Interesting take on them. And the more I read about the SA5K's the more I think I should give them a try...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back