MDR-7506 (V6) vs. Beyer DT990?
Aug 22, 2006 at 6:29 PM Post #16 of 19
I've only heard the 7506's, but I can tell you that the bass is overwhelming and very one-notish, the midrange is a little weak, and the highs aren't that great. They're the same price as MS-1's...

Aug 22, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by mckickflip
I've only heard the 7506's, but I can tell you that the bass is overwhelming and very one-notish, the midrange is a little weak, and the highs aren't that great. They're the same price as MS-1's...

Actually, the bass is not overwhleming at all.
Are you lying about hearing these as well?

The bass is rather on the average side; more weak than the K81DJ's or the HP460's. Not even half of it.

They're not the same price of the MS1's. The V6's go for $75 or so. The MS1's go for $99.

Aug 22, 2006 at 7:45 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
Actually, the bass is not overwhleming at all.
Are you lying about hearing these as well?

The bass is rather on the average side; more weak than the K81DJ's or the HP460's. Not even half of it.

They're not the same price of the MS1's. The V6's go for $75 or so. The MS1's go for $99.

They are $69.49 delivered here at amazon. They do a good job of telling you what's there. They haven't been a part of basic kit for musicians and studio guys for 20+ years for nothing... unless you think musicians and studio guys are all idiots. Not to say that they're the world's best, because they're not. But for $70 delivered, as a collapsable monitor, I think they're a steal. Part of history too.

Aug 22, 2006 at 9:04 PM Post #19 of 19
hmm..okay then. Would I still expect the same experience from the old DT990 as the new one or whichever you guys discussed here in this thread? I would hope the new one is better...but I can't imagine the old 990 can be terrible!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back