MDR-7506 some questions
Dec 22, 2005 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Mano

100+ Head-Fier
Today i spotted a used Sony mdr-7506 at the used electronics market in Peru, i usually have luck with the prices there, this time it had an only reasonable price (is it?) $54 us dollars; i am trying to cover the bases that my grado sr80 doesnt: soundstage, isolation and portability; how good are this cans in that regard and also how good are them for classical music?

I would have tried this but i was in kind of a hurry and the market is very noisy, not good for auditioning even if the cans isolate a bit, another factor was that i wasnt carrying my portable gear; and the seller didnt have any other audio gear at hand.

I hope if these are worthy i find them when i go back tomorrow or in a couple of days, with christmas around the corner nothing lasts a second without beign noticed.

i can also negotiate that price (i always try, so what is a good price to pay for this phones in an ok not so perfect condition?.

Dec 23, 2005 at 9:14 AM Post #2 of 3
im probably going to wait to buy this after christmas after all... if the price goes down, excellent; if not, i figure im not losing much anyway

Dec 23, 2005 at 9:31 AM Post #3 of 3
My sr-60s had better soundstage, and both ran equally loud out of a portable CD player. V6s are better built and more rugged but kind of big. I walked around the neighborhood once and a person mentioned that they saw me "with big ass headphones on". They could be used portably I suppose though I think there are better headphones. The highs and lows are elevated leaving a recessed midrange, so it might not be the best for classical. I thought they isolated well enough for walking around, so I'd bring a portable player and see if you like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back