MDR-1000X durability
Jun 7, 2017 at 5:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

metabo

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I read some complaints about the build quality of Sony MDR-1000X. Sony is sure showing lots of love for plastic despite the 400$ price point. It would be interesting to see how wide-spread the problems are especially after extended usage. Some people are complaining about the creaking noise that the plastic parts are making, and some even claim that the hinge broke down spontaneously (and Sony is allegedly refusing repairs under warranty). Do you own MDR-1000X? Have you had trouble with the durability?

Jul 25, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #3 of 6
Had it for a month and haven't experienced any issues.

It's a little mixed on that situation anyway, because some people are saying Sony won't do anything and others are saying Sony will exchange it for free under warranty.

Tbh, I'm not sure what the official stance is, but I'm guessing it depends on the situation, but I'm pretty sure they're aware of it at this point and are rectifying their wrongs where needed.

Jul 27, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #4 of 6
I had them for almost 2 month and they cracked on the left side where the head band hinged at the side ear cup.Sony reps told me that this crack do not affect functionality and basically accused me of not using them properly and overbending. To my luck, my Chase credit card took care of all this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back