MDLP portable with line out
Feb 20, 2003 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SP00N

100+ Head-Fier
Are there any MDLP players (would prefer a player only) or recorders that have a separate line out or at the very least a second Headphone jack like the Sony mz-r70. I just picked up those portable Stax and don't want to run a patch cable from the remote to the amp (I have enough reservation about running it from a headphone out).
Also I have R55 in storage (A friend gave it to me and I prefer the battery life of the R70) does the R55 have a dedicated lineout and if so does anyone have a spare dry-cell case. Thanks for your time

Feb 21, 2003 at 3:09 PM Post #2 of 7
If I'm correct, the R55 was the last portable to feature seperate line out.
Also, no MDLP portables I know of have either seperate line out or a second headphone jack.

Feb 21, 2003 at 8:31 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks I was afraid that was the case. I guess if I get around to upgrading to an MDLP unit I'll buy an old remote and remove the portion that enters the headphone socket.

Feb 22, 2003 at 3:25 PM Post #5 of 7
So I could retain the functionality of the remote while using a portable amp, without running a patch cable from the remote. I don't adjust volume that often but I do like having control while the MD player remains in my bag in a little poach.

Feb 22, 2003 at 10:01 PM Post #6 of 7
That would not work, SPOON. There are some high-end MD units that require its remote for most functions. And it's the remote connection, not the headphone connection, that disables the line-out setting on Sony MDs that offer such a choice. So, if you'll be using the remote, only the headphone-out setting will be available.

And, there are NO current MD units that have a separate line-out jack.

Feb 22, 2003 at 10:18 PM Post #7 of 7
Curses, I remember the R900 had a menu setting for lineout does having the remote plugged in disable lineout on this unit? Thanks otherwise I guess I'll be staying away from MDLP for a little longer than and fixing up my R-55.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back