MD33s - one bud louder than the other?
Mar 12, 2005 at 5:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pummer

Head-Fier
When I'm listening to my Sharp HP-MD33s, the left bud is a lot louder than the right bud. This is a problem that wasn't there when I first bought the buds - it just developed. Anyone had this problem? I have no idea what might have caused it, other than earwax somehow? I dunno.

Anyway, I bought them from Audiocubes. Do I have any kind of warranty at all, since they're imported?

Mar 12, 2005 at 5:13 AM Post #2 of 6
What came to my mind imediatly was that earwax would be the number 1 contender with ballanced driver output. If you have a multi-meter you could test the ohmage of each channel of the headphones and see if that has magicly shifted in one of them or both of them. This would seem improbable and I would have no explenation for why this would happen, but it is posible but hardly probable.

Mar 12, 2005 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 6
did you/can you swap ears with em? cause it might be easier than checking omhage and it rules out ear wax (in your ear) if it still happens. have you tried multiple sources because it could also be something there?

sorry if these seem like yeah well duh I did that stuff just trying to systemisize the troubleshooting.

Mar 12, 2005 at 10:27 PM Post #4 of 6
The same thing happened to my pair after a month or so, though the right was louder than the left.
However, it fixed itself when I cleaned them and changed sleeves.
Very weird.

Mar 12, 2005 at 10:42 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodent
The same thing happened to my pair after a month or so, though the right was louder than the left.
However, it fixed itself when I cleaned them and changed sleeves.
Very weird.

how did you clean them, exactly? I think earwax may have gotten inside the metal grates, and I wish the grates weren't there, so I could clean out the drivers.

I think I might just pull the grates off. I seem to remember reading about a mod where you take off the grates and replace them with soft earbud foam, which is held on by the rubber sleeves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back