MD33 vs E2c
Feb 6, 2005 at 8:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

benjamind

100+ Head-Fier
Has anybody listened to both of these and if so could they compare them?

I haven't heard the Sharp MD33s but I've been told that the MD33s are as good as E2cs in both isolation and sound quality but the MD33s are a lot cheaper.

I've been confused by the reviews, so if anybody can compare them I'd really appreciate their thoughts.

Cheers
Ben

Feb 6, 2005 at 9:43 AM Post #2 of 14
Too tired to post anything lengthy, but I've heard both, and my impressions were (keep in mind, impressions) that E2C's had the MD33's beat in bass and overall sound quality, but for the price and comfort, I preferred the MD33's. This may change once the soft-flex sleeves come rolling out for the E2C's.

Feb 6, 2005 at 3:16 PM Post #4 of 14
Shure e2c without a doubt. Amazing isolation, very clear sound.

Feb 6, 2005 at 4:44 PM Post #5 of 14
The MD33's sound really good in comparison to headphones that come with a portable player or can be bought at Target or Wallmart for the same price. The Shure's have a much warmer and refined sound, that is appealing to those of us who normally listen to even better cans.

Use the search function, there are maybe 5 other threads EXACTLY like what your asking that we've all spent our time posting to.

Feb 7, 2005 at 4:37 AM Post #7 of 14
In that case the ER6i would beat the E2c when it comes to treble.

If you're a treble freak then the ER4P is probably the best phone you could get, short of the Westone UM2, which is even better still.

However, when it comes to a warm and enjoyable sound and overall musicality, the E2c easily turns the ER6i into whipped cream
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2005 at 5:36 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by commando
cheap Sony earbuds sounded better, and EX71s sounded way better

make sure to state that this is your opinion

i emphatically disagree.

Feb 8, 2005 at 5:07 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid-A
which would be better for someone with small ear canals (the smallest ex71 were too big)?

hmm....the small sony tips are a good bit smaller than the small shure tips. I used the small sony's and the only thing that works for me are the small shure foamies

Feb 10, 2005 at 6:11 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by benjamind
In that case the ER6i would beat the E2c when it comes to treble.

If you're a treble freak then the ER4P is probably the best phone you could get, short of the Westone UM2, which is even better still.

However, when it comes to a warm and enjoyable sound and overall musicality, the E2c easily turns the ER6i into whipped cream
biggrin.gif

If boring sound and no details are "overall musicality" Shure's phones have a wonderful musicality...ER6i aren't perfect but...

Feb 10, 2005 at 6:13 AM Post #13 of 14
MD33 > E2c. 'Nuff said. Shures don't get decent until E3c.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back