MD/VA/DC Regional Meet Sat. July 14th
Jun 28, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #121 of 227
Hey guys!

audiorapture has kindly offered to give me a ride. Is there room for one more ?
600smile.gif

I'm 99% sure I'll be able to attend at this time.

I'm willing to bring any gear that you see in my profile.

Jun 28, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #122 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You sure your picture isn't up on the wall o shame
evil_smiley.gif
Come on Stevieo make an exception for the meet, we'll make sure you don't get into any trouble like we did in FL

jp,

please do not let it be true that you will be at the meet. i do not think your ears are ready for pirme time gear. oh well, a perfectly good meet down the tubes.
3000smile.gif

Jun 28, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #123 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jp,

please do not let it be true that you will be at the meet. i do not think your ears are ready for pirme time gear. oh well, a perfectly good meet down the tubes.
3000smile.gif

Now now Steve, the j-man is more than ready for prime time gear...after all, if he doesn't buy it, how else will people with discerning taste get to buy it off him second-hand at a discount.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 28, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #124 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akathriel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stephen or Hirsch:I promised Davederek that I would make my stuff available for the meet because hes been wanting to hear some of it for over 6 months now, even if I can't be there. Besides I probably won't be able to listen to headphones for a good 2-4 weeks anyways so if either of you is willing to take my stuff to and from the meet, you get to borrow it for a while
icon10.gif
. I'm also building some small floor standing singledrivers which I plan drive from the bindings on my singlepower amp (which is being outfitted with an outboard power supply with 14 amp transformers so it can drive 6528s
very_evil_smiley.gif
) if anyone would like to hear them at the meet (or just borrow them
icon10.gif
). They should be finished by the meet. Let me know if you're interested.

Bernie, does it look like yer gear will be in attendance? i'm looking fwd to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the GO8 Supra extreme XLR Senn,650 ballanced singlepower cable and the K340,XLR modded by headfile.

hmmm, mebbe i'll bring my k340s so we can do a repeat of the ny demo so folks can see the differences between stock and modded, and single ended vs balanced. the latter seems to do far more for the phone than the former.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooo. I just found out that I will almost certainly not be at the meet.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

When I broached the topic tonight with my wife she kindly (or not so much) reminded me that we would be celebrating our wedding anniversary that weekend. More importantly she reminded me that the celebrating of said anniversary would not be including headphones of any kind. Sonofa!

i don't see the problem here Nate. what kind of celebration would it be if it didn't include headphones? bring her to the meet - what better way to celebrate yer anniversary?
wink.gif

Jun 29, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #125 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now now Steve, the j-man is more than ready for prime time gear...after all, if he doesn't buy it, how else will people with discerning taste get to buy it off him second-hand at a discount.
very_evil_smiley.gif

good point but the man is trouble with a capital T.
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 2, 2007 at 1:04 PM Post #127 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmmm, mebbe i'll bring my k340s so we can do a repeat of the ny demo so folks can see the differences between stock and modded, and single ended vs balanced. the latter seems to do far more for the phone than the former.

I would like to try that again.
icon10.gif

I wounder if Hirsch or Mikhail might bring a set of ballanced R10s so we can hear the best of the best.

Do you guys think we could get Jude or ? to send one of the Grado Prototype GS 1000 to the meet? as they were my favorite headphone at the NY meet. I would love to give them another try.

Jul 2, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #129 of 227
That's awesome! A balanced K701 wouldn't happen to be in there, would it? I'd love to hear that (in addition to some of the other cans that will be there).

I may also have a diy DAC I'm building done in time for the meet. It's an Opus DAC from TwistedPearAudio.com...I'll be running two DAC boards in dual differential mode.

Jul 2, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #130 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's awesome! A balanced K701 wouldn't happen to be in there, would it? I'd love to hear that (in addition to some of the other cans that will be there).

I may also have a diy DAC I'm building done in time for the meet. It's an Opus DAC from TwistedPearAudio.com...I'll be running two DAC boards in dual differential mode.

No one has come forward saying that they are bringing one yet, but you never know. I can see if Headroom has one they can lend us.

Anyone bringing a balanced K701?

Jul 2, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #131 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys!

audiorapture has kindly offered to give me a ride. Is there room for one more ?
600smile.gif

I'm 99% sure I'll be able to attend at this time.

I'm willing to bring any gear that you see in my profile.

Tons of room, we'd love to have you!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 3, 2007 at 6:28 AM Post #132 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you guys think we could get Jude or ? to send one of the Grado Prototype GS 1000 to the meet? as they were my favorite headphone at the NY meet. I would love to give them another try.

? would be bozebuttons. you could drop Tom a msg and see if he's up for it. i don't think that he was planning on attending but it can't hurt to ask.

Jul 3, 2007 at 10:35 AM Post #133 of 227
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
? would be bozebuttons. you could drop Tom a msg and see if he's up for it. i don't think that he was planning on attending but it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks. It was early and ? was Tom.
blink.gif

Jul 5, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #135 of 227
Ok some updates:

1) No one has come forth with any gear for the silent auction. We need some stuff....it doesn't have to be awesome...it can be funny too, bad vinyl albums, good vinyl, CDs, old Interconnects, little portable amps....whatever man, anything will help.....otherwise I'll need to pass a larger hat.....so cough up the goods!
wink.gif

2) Hirsch has graciously offered to bring a tube tester to the meet. So if you want to test your tubes or match them.....etc. Hirsch and I will be running a tube testing spot for some of the meet. If you have a lot of tubes or just a little, PM me so I can get a feel for how much time we can budget for this....we want to hear some stuff too y'know. Thanks Hirsch!

3) Headroom gear is coming so that's good....but hold on to your overpriced power cords kiddies! I've secured a demo unit of....drumroll please........an EMM Labs CDSA CD/SACD Player. That's right, the new one box Meitner player will be there in full posse 'n effect. So bring your highest end amps to hear this bad boy. I'm stoked now.....really stoked.

4) The BBQ. I'm getting stuff together for this...I'll supply Hot dogs, burgers, some soda, beer (only for those who are allowed), and maybe some corn on the cob. Things that we could use: Chips, dip, salad, either regular or noodle.....or anything else you want. So those people coming please PM me and let me know what you'd like to bring. If you're coming to the BBQ I really need to know soon.....like my this Sunday July 8th so I can plan and get the stuff together.

5) The Brickskellar: I know it's a lot of planning, but if I could get a headcount for those people wanting to come. We can stash gear at my place or in hotel rooms if needed (and if it's ok with the folks how have secured their own hotel rooms). I can drive some folks down....i think it would easier if we drove down to the brickskellar since that way we can keep together. I'll have directions printed out on Saturday. So let me know if :

a) you're coming
b) you can drive and how many people (less yourself) you can take in your car.

That's it for now.....whew....just a week away. i'm excited...some good gear coming to the meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back