MD is NOT dead! New MZ-RH1 is here!
Mar 25, 2006 at 4:49 PM Post #17 of 26
Looks very nice, I got out of MD a few years back but I'm tempted to pick this up.

Mar 25, 2006 at 6:57 PM Post #18 of 26
Good to see Sony doing this. I like the return of Black as a color option. That gives me more hope than you can imagine! Silver is really getting old and looks so... early 21st century.

The OLED display is beautiful. Lack of external AA holder is a hard blow however.
After the rootkit fiasco, I don't know how anyone can trust Sony software again. If you don't use their software, is the new MZ-RH1 useless?
confused.gif

Mar 25, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #20 of 26
Tungsten, you can always use the RH1 via the optical output from a PCDP or a deck.

Mar 26, 2006 at 1:26 PM Post #21 of 26
Personally, I like Hi-MD and will probably purchase the new Sony. My MD players/recorders have always been very reliable. They are fun to use, different, and I've never been disappointed with sq or features.

Mar 27, 2006 at 6:45 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01
Its weaknesses have been Sonic Stage software, Propriety ATRAC format, DRM in that you couldn't get live recordings onto your computer, slow recording if you don't use a computer and storage size (having to carry a bunch of discs).

Just as an aside, just what does the DRM impede? i do not have a netMD recorder, and have been wanting one to speed up the recording process. Does that mean that i will not be able to transfer .wav files that i have recorded with Sound Stage?

Mar 27, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01
DRM meaning you can't copy recording material back to your computer.

As in i cannot copy the recording made with the MD unit. But i can listen to a recording made with my computer.

thanks

Mar 28, 2006 at 11:21 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by studeb
As in i cannot copy the recording made with the MD unit. But i can listen to a recording made with my computer.

thanks

You can copy recordings made with the mic input of a HiMD all you like. Sonic Stage will even convert it to a WAV file for you.

Mar 29, 2006 at 6:09 AM Post #26 of 26
If I'm not mistaken, Sonicstage would allow the transfer of songs recorded by the unit from any source(Line in, mic, optical in).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back