******** McMaster-Carr support OR help me find a part because customer service isn't
Apr 15, 2005 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Emon

1000+ Head-Fier
Okay, what the hell? McMaster-Carr usually has pretty good customer support. I was having trouble finding a certain corner bracket/cap that I'm not really sure what to call, so I e-mailed them. This is the response I got:

Quote:

Matt,

Our entire product line is available on our website, www.mcmaster.com.

Sincerly,
Sales ********

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 4:16 AM
To: McMaster-Carr Sales
Subject: Your message to McMaster-Carr

I'm having trouble finding a kind of corner cap/bracket, similar to the ones you often see on heavy duty carrying cases often used for high end audio equipment. Something like this: http://img147.echo.cx/img147/4092/co...example2jc.gif It wouldn't have to be in that shape, it could be more plain or more of a peice of decor (i.e. not load bearing, that could be done on the inside of the angle joints). I'm basically looking for something to cap off angle joints in an attractive fashion. I was hoping you had something in aluminum or steel, but a paintable plastic works as well.

Requested By

Matt Olenik (e-mail removed)

Maybe I should have made it more clear and said "I COULD NOT FIND THE PRODUCT ON YOUR WEBSITE." Like, seriously, what did he think I was asking? I thought it pretty damn obvious that I needed help finding something. They have a damn nice search function but it can't read your mind.

Sigh. Well, I don't suppose anyone could answer the question in my e-mail though? I can't think of what to call it besides a corner bracket or cap. They have stuff suitable for edges but not for a corner where three angle peices meet. I could just machine them myself...if I had a mill. And I could just flat peices of aluminum on each side and carefully line up the edges (the inside would bear the load).

Apr 15, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #2 of 3
I'd just get them at partsexpress. Do a quick search for cabinet corner, plenty to choose from, and cheap too! I cruised around McMaster a little, but couldn't find what you're looking for either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back