McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones Announced in CES
May 12, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #226 of 412
So in Case of the MHP 1000,you can try it with V281,MOON NEO,MHA100,they have enough power to drive all Cans to the best(incl.ABYSS)but its the same disapointment for 2.000 USD!!THAT'S MY PERSONAL OPINION

Regards From Austria
NOMAX

May 12, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #227 of 412
Okay. I take it that you actually heard the 1000's with those amps? If you didn't (which is what I suspect), then your "PERSONAL OPINION" isn't worth too much.

May 15, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #228 of 412
I don't suppose there is anyone in the Seattle area with a pair of these that would be willing to let me demo them?
I like the Mc amplifier voice and I have been lucky enough to listen to almost every speaker McIntosh has ever produced. If these guys have similar voice to my favorite ones, I'd be looking to scoop up a pair.

May 18, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #229 of 412
Today, I finally had chance to listen MHP1000 headphones with familiar tracks, powered by MHA100.

They actually sounded very good. Sounded like T1, but with slightly more bass and less grain, which are positive improvements IMO. Only issue is slightly decreased soundstage, but it is still quite big enough.

The finish and the feel of the headphones are indeed luxurious enough... almost hard to think it is made by beyer.
As a person who heard pretty much all of the high-end beyers so far, I can say this is Beyer's best sounding headphones yet. If it were 1.5USD instead of 2K, it would had been relatively competitive headphones and very good high-end closed headphones.

May 18, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #230 of 412
  Today, I finally had chance to listen MHP1000 headphones with familiar tracks, powered by MHA100.

They actually sounded very good. Sounded like T1, but with slightly more bass and less grain, which are positive improvements IMO. Only issue is slightly decreased soundstage, but it is still quite big enough.

The finish and the feel of the headphones are indeed luxurious enough... almost hard to think it is made by beyer.
As a person who heard pretty much all of the high-end beyers so far, I can say this is Beyer's best sounding headphones yet. If it were 1.5USD instead of 2K, it would had been relatively competitive headphones and very good high-end closed headphones.

I actually think they're priced about right at 2K USD when you look what else is at that price point. Here in the UK, they're 2K GBP - I didn't realize the exchange rate was 1:1... how does that work?
Anyway, didn't stop me pulling the trigger - I demoed the 1000 again at the weekend, and was enraptured 
beyersmile.png
 - the third time was the charm! I've got a pair on order now, hopefully arriving later this week.

May 18, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #234 of 412
...Anyway, didn't stop me pulling the trigger - I demoed the 1000 again at the weekend, and was enraptured :beyersmile:  - the third time was the charm! I've got a pair on order now, hopefully arriving later this week.

Congratulations on the order! I think you will love them!

May 18, 2015 at 6:34 PM Post #235 of 412
Congratulations on the order! I think you will love them!

Cheers
beerchug.gif
 I was told today they're out of stock with the distributor at the moment, which is a tad disappointing, but hopefully won't take more than a couple of weeks to arrive. Can't wait to get them on my ears again though... I was reluctant to take them off after the last demo session!

May 18, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #236 of 412
  imo both audeze and mcintosh stuff cost a bit extra premium just due to the strength of their brand name.

I hear ya - it's key to the business model of high-end manufacturers, where mass market brands are more concerned with shifting higher volume for lower margins. Do you think there are any manufacturers in the high-end arena you couldn't say this about though? Stax, Abyss, Oppo, Ultrasone etc. surely all follow the same path.

May 18, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #237 of 412

I hear ya - it's key to the business model of high-end manufacturers, where mass market brands are more concerned with shifting higher volume for lower margins. Do you think there are any manufacturers in the high-end arena you couldn't say this about though? Stax, Abyss, Oppo, Ultrasone etc. surely all follow the same path.

well, I would say that ultrasone is hilariously overpriced & their brand name has suffered greatly from their intense markup over better alternatives from competitors. Oppo isn't really that established of a brand name yet in the headphone market, but their recent offerings have been quite competitive in terms of price point (PM-2 and PM-3).

Haven't heard any stax or abyss headphones, so can't comment on that.

I agree though. All high-end headphones are subject to mark-up and they follow the similar luxury goods type business model.

May 25, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #238 of 412
Still waiting to take delivery... but I was just wondering, why are these headphones apparently so far under the radar on here? For a new flagship, there seems to be relatively little discussion or interest - especially compared with the new HE-1000, which seems to be generating a wildfire of chatter!

May 25, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #239 of 412
They're a bit on the pricey side ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back