MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100
Dec 24, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #1,096 of 1,316
I just put my MHA100 up for sale. Nothing wrong with the sound, just the opposite as it is the best solid state headphone amp I have ever heard. I just found myself listening to speakers only, and had another integrated amp just sitting around. As such, I also posted my Audeze and McIntosh headphones. Better they go to a good home where they would be used far more than they are now. I'm sure I will miss them...

Jan 2, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #1,097 of 1,316
S'funny but no one mentions how great the remote control is. Ergonomically pleasing and it's weeble-wobble base means it's easy to find on my bomb crater of a desk.

I love it.

Jan 2, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #1,098 of 1,316
The remote for my D100 is absurd.  Looks like it could control the entire house but only one button on it actually does anything and it has to be pointed exactly at the device otherwise nothing.  You'd think they would have made it using RF or have a better LED or something.

Jan 2, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #1,099 of 1,316
S'funny but no one mentions how great the remote control is. Ergonomically pleasing and it's weeble-wobble base means it's easy to find on my bomb crater of a desk.

I love it.

Have you tried play/skip/pause/stop when the source is a computer over USB? Got a very pleasant surprise when I tried and it worked! I use foobar2k on windows as my player.

Jan 3, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #1,101 of 1,316
  The remote for my D100 is absurd.  Looks like it could control the entire house but only one button on it actually does anything and it has to be pointed exactly at the device otherwise nothing.  You'd think they would have made it using RF or have a better LED or something.

Haha indeed..it's the craziest, most useless remote ever

Jan 15, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #1,103 of 1,316
Mcintosh revealed the rs100 speakers today,
How good should they be? There $1000 each, so would $2k be worth it for 2? I'm planning on saving up for 2 and then get a dad by Schiit Audio to use with the balanced connections.

Jan 16, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #1,104 of 1,316
Mcintosh revealed the rs100 speakers today,
How good should they be? There $1000 each, so would $2k be worth it for 2? I'm planning on saving up for 2 and then get a dad by Schiit Audio to use with the balanced connections.

The RS100 is just fancy streaming speaker. It's not meant for stereo setups and doesn't have balanced inputs.

Jan 16, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #1,107 of 1,316
I wouldn't since I won't get any stereo effect, unless you really just want an expensive single speaker.  Also they are kind of small so I don't really know how much bass they would put out.  In my case I would get a subwoofer with the two speakers.  
I think the only cool factor is that they are Mcintosh.   They look so cool!!!

Jan 17, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #1,108 of 1,316
Thank you, I am looking at a pair of Martin Logan speakers for $800, but then Mcintosh came out with these. It would be nice to surprise my dad with Mcintosh haha
I wouldn't since I won't get any stereo effect, unless you really just want an expensive single speaker.  Also they are kind of small so I don't really know how much bass they would put out.  In my case I would get a subwoofer with the two speakers.  
I think the only cool factor is that they are Mcintosh.   They look so cool!!!

Jan 30, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #1,109 of 1,316
Listening to my new MHA100 on HD800s and I'm enjoying the sound.  I experimented and found that using my Chord Mojo as a DAC actually improves a few pieces, though not everything.  I'm going to cycle through my collection in the next few weeks and find out where one DAC outshines the other.

Feb 1, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #1,110 of 1,316
The Mojo can't function as a fixed dac as I read that its amp part is still engaged for line out. I am intrigued by your comment that it improves a few pieces as I am considering to get the MHA100 for desktop dac/amp. My Mojo is great with T5p but can't drive my new HD800s to my satisfaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back