McGill-fi?
Oct 13, 2006 at 3:16 PM Post #16 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fan
Any Head-Fiers still doing their undergrad? Any scientists?
tongue.gif

I work closely with the university's cardiology division, that is about it for me.

Oct 13, 2006 at 5:08 PM Post #18 of 26
I graduated from Psych. at McGill a few years ago.

Very nice school. Lots of history. Here is a list of many of the famous people who've attended the "Harvard of Canada". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...versity_people

7 nobel prize winners, 1 pulitzer prize winner, 2 former Prime Ministers, 126 Rhodes Scholars etc etc etc....(source: wikipedia)

Its right smack in downtown. ~30,000 students. Amazing nightlife in the city. Almost all within walking distance of the University. Great public transit (most of the time). I've traveled to so many countries around the world and heard the same thing over and over again...Montreal has the most beautiful women in one city that anyone of these several people have seen (told to me over several years by several unconnected people). I dont necessarily agree with that, but I hear it all the time. Another thing is that when I traveled around Europe, Asia and the U.S. I had a "McGill" backpack on and people were always striking up conversations about the University, or that they had gone there, or that they know someone there or that they heard someone famous had gone there.

I moved to B.C. cause there is no question that the winters there are very very very bad. I hate the cold. Put up with the weather there for 25 years and couldnt take it anymore. But the 5 months of the year when its warm (May - Sept.) its so beautiful there. So much history and culture. Architecture is amazing. Multi-culturalism is great.

Im not bashing U of T or Toronto cause I dont know enough about either to speak on the matter. But I'm just giving props and big ups to Montreal.

I will say that the French/English thing was getting really boring!

To be less biased here is a list of U of T faculty:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Toronto_people
Just as many famous people.

Oct 13, 2006 at 5:13 PM Post #19 of 26
Almost everytime I tell people I went to McGill I hear "ohhhh" or "oooohhh" and "wow" and thats not cause I look stupid and they are suprised I have an education. I think its because of its impressive history and reputation. In a world of "its not what you know but who you blow", having "University" on my resume is good, but having "McGill University" on my resume (even for jobs Ive done in other countries) is better.

Oct 14, 2006 at 12:45 AM Post #21 of 26
Oct 14, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Konig
drinking is bad for your health

ROFL... no wonder he likes Toronto better. Konig, you unwillingly and elegantly just proved why McGill is just a better place to spend 3 or 4 years of one's youth. My brother in law, well before he was my brother in law, moved from Denmark to Montreal because McGill had and still has a great internation reputation. As for girlsl, well he maried my sister and never left
eggosmile.gif

Sorry to change subject but is anyone in Montreal up for a head-fi meet? Anyone know where I can try any of the following in Montreal?

Audio Technica ATH-CK7
UE Super.fi 3 Studio and 5 pro
Westone UM1
Shure e4c

Peter

EDIT: Almost forgot, anyone who has a complaint about food in Montreal deserves to be fed McDonalds for the rest of his life!

Oct 14, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #23 of 26
Well I need to look for a University program next year. I'll apply to McGill but I'm not sure if it's right for me. I think I'd rather stay in town for our kickass Toronto and Hamilton meets.
eggosmile.gif

Oct 14, 2006 at 5:25 PM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlorytheWiz825
Hey, how about we throw in the University of Waterloo into the mix. :p

But that would mean having to live in Waterloo
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back