McAlister Audio Mini Meet
Aug 9, 2006 at 10:26 PM Post #16 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L
Niiccee! What spec's does that extra transformer have?

Dual secondary 15v/0.5a. But no need to worry it comes all together as a complete kit.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L
It's beautiful work, but I see that ugly stock RCA digital input is still there, just like on my Ori modded Zhaolu
smily_headphones1.gif

Gotta do something about that soon... The question is what would sound better: WBT Nextgen copper RCA jack or a cheap BNC jack.

I would of changed it but the only thing holding the back of the board in place is the RCA and Optical jacks. There are no mounting holes at the back of the board.
frown.gif
confused.gif

-R-

Aug 9, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #17 of 62
Nice clean job Renato. The ghetto set-up we had was hardcore!

The supped up Zhalou with Zapfilter is a winner to my ears. Steve will not be disappointed! I didn't stay till the wee hours of the morning but upon my brief audition there was clearly a difference from stock. Upon listening, the increased volume level hits you first but after as you get immersed with the music there is an obvious improvement in areas of dynamics and overall bass. Once you hear the “Zhaolooser101” you do not want to go back to a stock Zhalou which just sounds flat in comparison.

Aug 10, 2006 at 6:26 AM Post #19 of 62
A mini meet and I wasn't invited?
mad.gif

Guess I had nothing to offer though other then good old ambient noise caused by a bratty kid who can't shut up though
rolleyes.gif

And my memorable 3000th post is in a thread with me tearing my eyes out I missed a secret meet. hah, go figure.

Aug 10, 2006 at 1:34 PM Post #20 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg
Did Peter discuss his new electrostatic headphone amp?

Actually, he did a bit. I meant to PM you, but have been kinda busy lately. Basically, from what I understand, it should run around $1600 and he is hoping it will compete well with the 'big boys' if not outright squash them.
evil_smiley.gif

We were talking about my experiences with the HE90 and the HEV90 amp, the ES-1, and your amp at the national [though I only heard Omega II's on yours I think] and he was surprised that the HEV90 is one of the best amps I heard for the HE90's given that he has seen the design and it is nothing special in his mind. I think he is really looking forward to getting impressions from someone like yourself on how the new amp sounds with the HE90's as he has never had the pleasure of hearing them. Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
I missed a secret meet.

LOL, It was not a secret meet. Kevin and I invited Peter as we are both interested in buying one of his amps. Renato wanted to meet him to discuss tube amp designs.

Aug 10, 2006 at 2:09 PM Post #21 of 62
Don't listen to him, it was a secret meet. I was invited, but I told Phil I would only come if JAGWIRE was invited, and he said no.

Biggie.

Aug 10, 2006 at 2:11 PM Post #22 of 62
LOL, too funny.
biggrin.gif

Aug 10, 2006 at 2:30 PM Post #24 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
Don't listen to him, it was a secret meet. I was invited, but I told Phil I would only come if JAGWIRE was invited, and he said no.

Biggie.

Don't worry Big. At the next meet I'll be sure to get some more time to talk with you
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 10, 2006 at 3:18 PM Post #25 of 62
He's threatening you Biggie!

Aug 10, 2006 at 3:32 PM Post #26 of 62
Oh no you didn't just double post.

NotBiggie.

Aug 10, 2006 at 3:32 PM Post #27 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
He's threatening you Biggie!

Lol.

Quote:

Don't worry Big. At the next meet I'll be sure to get some more time to talk with you .

JAGWIRE, that sounds super terriffic. We shall discuss knifes and powerful flashlights.

Biggie.

Aug 10, 2006 at 5:51 PM Post #28 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
Lol.

JAGWIRE, that sounds super terriffic. We shall discuss knifes and powerful flashlights.

Biggie.

I can't wait to get my serrated benchmade knife and show it off anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm not into flashlights. If you like, we can talk about watches though
smily_headphones1.gif

PS, Jason, host a meet next week before you go away, I really really want to get a chance to listen to more stuff. (JK, I wish we could plan that quick. hah.)

BTW, I'll even bring some B.I.G so we have proof you listen to rap. Maybe then your amp won't break next time.. It just needs some deep bass fed into it.. Hahahahahahaha. (I'll take a picture of my rap collection later so you can choose what you'de like me to bring.)

PS, did Renato mod Steve's dac or something? I know Steve doesn't do mcuh soldering, so I am curious. Thanks.

Aug 10, 2006 at 7:40 PM Post #30 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Did Renato mod Steve's dac?

Yup.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back