MBP/Total Bithead problems,,, please help.
Feb 1, 2007 at 8:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jrussell6

100+ Head-Fier
Hey folks, so here's the skinny, when i first bought the total bithead, i plugged the usb into the the first of 3 usb ports on my 17mbp, i got a bunch of noise and hiss and crackle, so i tried the next one down the line and it was crystal clear,, so i concluded that the first usb port was too close to the power supply/magnetic power cord, then a few nights ago, i went to listen and the 2nd usb port was doing the same thing, alot of noise, and when i turn the volume down in itunes, it really acts up....

so i've switched to my last usb port which is on the other side of the comp, and it sounds fine usually, but occationally sounds like you were tickling the connection with a feather, but what the heck, is this a symptom of something else?? should i be worried about my comp?

i've been planning on moveing up to a micro stack, so i imagine all problems would go away when i switch to optical cabling, but what's going on here? does anybody share this experience or have any guesses?

Feb 2, 2007 at 6:39 AM Post #2 of 6
nobody?

Feb 3, 2007 at 5:22 AM Post #4 of 6
nope, tried it with my desktop and works great, it's just the two usb ports on the left side of my mbp.

what do i have to do here, say that sennheisers are veiled to get somebody to respond?
icon10.gif

Feb 3, 2007 at 5:49 AM Post #5 of 6
Pah, saying Sennheisers are veiled is like saying that the sky is blue
tongue.gif

The only thing I can think of (not having a Total Bithead) is that the power supply is a bit wonky. Have you tried running it off the batteries rather than the USB power? Also, you might try a powered USB hub.

But my MacBook Pro has never had troubles with USB, so it's a bit weird.

Feb 3, 2007 at 5:59 AM Post #6 of 6
I had a similar problem, too, except in my case it would just drop connection with my PC altogether. Try another mini-to-USB cable. The cables they give you are, quite frankly, garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back