Maybe this is something I should've done a long time ago.
Nov 9, 2011 at 8:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

drumnbasssoul

New Head-Fier
For quite some time during senior school and after I got into heavy, bass themed music. However this also inspired my taste for high hitting liquid tracks with I really started to enjoy. My dad had always got me into good music, Deep Purple, Hendricks, The Smiths but to name a few. So my own direction of course was something entirely different.

For my birthday when they were really popular I asked for some skullcandys and adored them for ages! Its not until a german friend of mine who was into DJing came to school and I listened to some of my music through a pair of his Sennheisers which he liked. They were really good! much better than my skullcandys which I started to get fed up with after the second ear broke...

So the other day I decided to invest in some 'better' headphones. Ones which werent colourful of cool in any way. I looked around and for only £30.00 i got some KAM 1500 PRO DJ headphones. After listening to stuff for about 3 hours continuously I have decided that I had been living in wonderland thinking that my bright Skullcandys were anything other than bad. The bass on these things feel a lot more open and heavy in general. Slightly more punchy and clean rather than a dragged out bass feel. (Sorry for the shocking terminology here.) The high end notes like the drums and vocal, even guitars etc from my other songs were MUCH nicer this rime round. Not to mention these headphones felt a lot thicker and more robust in general. They have a jack I can use on Mixing Decks which is pretty sick and in general for a measly 30 squid I think I have opened a world of better music.

Anyone care to kindly agree with me :wink:

Peace.

Nov 9, 2011 at 8:58 AM Post #2 of 8
That headphone certainly looks interesting, the design of the headband looks identical to the Ultrasone headband, they even have a left side single entry cable like the Ultrasones. Very interesting, I'm sure a lot of people here will be very interested. Cool find and welcome to Head-Fi 
beerchug.gif

Nov 9, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #4 of 8
 Welcome to head-fi. Just wait'll you save up and get some of the bass monsters.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/573826/the-basshead-club

Happy listening :)

Nov 9, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
They look a lot like the Prodipe Pro800.

The KAM KHP1500, Cortex CHP2500, Prodipe Pro800, and Takstar TS-650 are all the same headphone with minor modifications on damping. They aren't Ultrasone rebrands (they don't have the offset driver Ultrasones have; they just have a big honking 50mm driver) unlike the Yamaha RH-10MS.

I have the Prodipe Pro800, which should be in the basshead headphone list if it isn't already. They're an awesome headphone (I haven't found anything better bass-wise under $50 new, and this includes the XB500 that so many people like, but not the Panasonic HTF600 that seems to be all the rage.) in terms of sound, just be very careful with the headband; they're stupidly fragile. Mine snapped in just a couple of months.

Nov 9, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #8 of 8
Then when the headphones break that is when i will upgrade. Losing y job so cant really justify yet. Thanks for the thoughts though guys. Just as i expected really on a headphone specific website. Thanks a lot though people :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back