Maybe I'm still a headfier
Apr 3, 2004 at 11:59 AM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by plainsong
The thing I don't understand is how my husband can say he hears no difference between this and his ipaq 2210 listening to 128wma with mx500s!
mad.gif
I'll wait after a few more days of burn-in and see if he changes his mind. Even so, to say the difference is rather striking would be the understatement of the year.

nice story, i thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's rather hard to hear real HI FI. It takes time but once you do it's rather hard to get back to those mx500 without hearing flaws. CURSED!

Apr 3, 2004 at 1:00 PM Post #17 of 32
Welcome back....nice new rig too. I keep hearing nice things about the Perreaux.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2004 at 3:29 PM Post #19 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by plainsong
and my belief system is different from many here.

Gearheadism and musicphile are not entirely mututally exclusive. However in situations like yesterday when I laid out about three-quarters of my portables to test the response of the K271S, even I have to go later: "What?"

Apr 3, 2004 at 3:50 PM Post #20 of 32
Welcome back. BTW my daughter had a great time visiting Finland. She also made it over to St Petersburg for a weekend. Now I am the only one with a hat from the Nights Hockey team.

Apr 3, 2004 at 10:46 PM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
Gearheadism and musicphile are not entirely mututally exclusive. However in situations like yesterday when I laid out about three-quarters of my portables to test the response of the K271S, even I have to go later: "What?"

Well of course I'm a gadgetfreak, and I'd like to think of myself as a musician. Those two loves can come together very nicely in the audio hobby.
smily_headphones1.gif
That's not what I ment by belief system though. I ment mostly political and ethical and social views on people and the world. So I just have to sort of be careful and not step on anyone's toes. That's what I ment.
smily_headphones1.gif

John, glad to hear your daughter enjoyed Finland. Now my husband and I may be the only people in Finland that don't follow hockey, but I've never heard of the Nights. Now there's Hockey Night and that's the tv show. Kinda like Monday Night Football. Is it in the Finnish Hockey League (SM-liiga?)

And wali, aww, gee, thanks. And really guys, I had no idea I was even missed. Ya know, I like to beat you guys up about some of the inane posts I see related to the subject of females, but the truth is that you can make a girl feel welcome.
biggrin.gif

Apr 5, 2004 at 9:09 AM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

And I have a birthday thread?

Of course you do.
wink.gif

It was a pretty memorable evening, with our guest of honor not showing up and a couple of guys, including myself, going totally drunk into the night, which, at one moment, inevitably led to a minor incident when I suddenly realised it was time to get my revenge on lini for his yugo jokes. First I threw a peace of cake right into his face and he tried to return immediately, but with his left eye blocked with filling he only hit Onix, who then screamed something in Spanish and started shooting his sweets all over the place. Others needed no second invitation to join the battle.

Party to rememberr, I tell you. Much to our relief, next morning we found no audio gear damaged during the fight.
redface.gif

That`s an impressive rig you got now, Plainsong. Looking forward to your comments and impressions. Although I am a bit sad to hear you parted with the Trackmasters.
wink.gif

Apr 5, 2004 at 9:30 AM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by miroslav
Of course you do.
wink.gif

It was a pretty memorable evening, with our guest of honor not showing up and a couple of guys, including myself, going totally drunk into the night, which, at one moment, inevitably led to a minor incident when I suddenly realised it was time to get my revenge on lini for his yugo jokes. First I threw a peace of cake right into his face and he tried to return immediately, but with his left eye blocked with filling he only hit Onix, who then screamed something in Spanish and started shooting his sweets all over the place. Others needed no second invitation to join the battle.

Party to rememberr, I tell you. Much to our relief, next morning we found no audio gear damaged during the fight.
redface.gif

That`s an impressive rig you got now, Plainsong. Looking forward to your comments and impressions. Although I am a bit sad to hear you parted with the Trackmasters.
wink.gif

Ah, cabrón! How come I don't remember that? Must have quite a party then, no wonder my wife was mad at me for some reason the next day. Now, seriously, I can't say enough how good is to have you around again. It's a very sad thing indeed when one of us say something stupid and that chases away nice people from this site. And we need such lovable personalities here!!! Welcome back and don't leave us again, pretty please.

Apr 5, 2004 at 11:28 PM Post #27 of 32
Hehheh Lisa, I noticed you've been keeping the guys in line while I've been away. I totally understood your frustration and was silently cheering you on.
biggrin.gif

Well, I don't want to make the Members forum an ode to me be reviving that thread, but thanks. And you guys shouldn't drink and have cake near the audio equipment. What do you think happened to the trackmasters?
eek.gif

As for parting with the HIFI650's, it was a friendly parting. I missed them before I sold them, but I heard this rig and just had to have it...quickly, and that ment that some friends had to be sacrificed.

As for sonic impressions, I need to get around to doing a full post, but last night.. imagine a nice big peace of tasty homecooked bread with tasty butter spread creamily all over it. Hmmm, tasty. Now, put a wet blanket on it. That was the sound last night. Tonight, blanket removed, and the bread stayed fresh.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by miroslav
Of course you do.
wink.gif

redface.gif

wink.gif

Apr 5, 2004 at 11:45 PM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by LTUCCI1924
plainsong
HI: We need you more than ever with all that nice new home set up. When you get more HDCDs we need to know what one is a killer HDCD And if you find any unmarked logo HDCD is a must post in the HDCD list. I used to listen mostly to my portable rig but that all stoped with my new NAD. I think you understand. I am sure my PPA has a lot to do with it also. LOL. Nice to see a long post from you and yes you are a head-fier fore ever and ever.

Yeah, I blame Jan Meier for this madness
biggrin.gif
. He stated the obvious to me in an email when I thanked him fpr the Senn 600s. He said if I thought it was good now, to wait until I moved up. Well of course I knew that. But I really had no idea. So after I get my hair done, do I worry about my new do? Nope, I happily go to the local audio shop and put on a pair of Senn 650s.
smily_headphones1.gif
That's really the next upgrade. Hey, I have to. I need two 300ohm headphones. My poor husband can't suffer, and we have two headphone jacks, two I tell you!
smily_headphones1.gif

Lou, yes it's time to go raid the record stores. I may not even get time to do it until the end of May though. We bought this apartment and now I'm behind in my classwork.
frown.gif

Apr 6, 2004 at 2:47 AM Post #30 of 32
Plainsong!

Hey, it's great to have you around. We need more girls in this forum!
biggrin.gif
Congratulations on your awesome new rig! I'm looking forward to read your full length review. You're a headfier and you use a Mac too? Gee, if you weren't married I'd propose!
wink.gif

Cheers,
Alex
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back