Maybe deal alert? With some questions
Apr 23, 2010 at 12:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

iamthecheese

100+ Head-Fier
So in my normal scanning of woot, I saw these on sale
Deals.Woot : One Community, Every Deal (SM)
for 20 shipped.

Now I normally wouldn't consider anything by steelseries but for 20 bucks I'm considering it.
Has anyone heard these and can comment on their sound.

The headphone junkie in my is just telling me to pick up a 50 dollar pair of cans 20...

Apr 23, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #3 of 10
Mad Lust Envy has mentioned them a few times. I don't know much about them though. You could pm him.

Apr 23, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #4 of 10
lol- those are very popular among the pc gamer type. big sound, but thudding bass. i had the 1st generation (the ones on sale are the 2nd), and dont know if anything changed. also, these squeezed my head and the cushions arent too thick.
try it, u can easily sell them, just not here
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 23, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #5 of 10
Actually, these appear to be first generation. Unless you mean "first generation" as in, Icemat Siberia. The picture doesn't include the mic, though, which is like the only reason to get one.
Quote:

Features:

* Designed for gaming (no microphone) and music

Apr 23, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #6 of 10
I had the first gen of these. They're not too bad though they sound as if someone has been V-EQing them. They're very good for gaming: a big sound, good placement and a slightly aggressive bass. FWIW they are a stellar choice for that price.

Apr 23, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #7 of 10
Haven't heard the Siberia, but I have owned their previous models (3H, 4H, etc.). Just about everything from SteelSeries is very V-shaped sound signature, with overemphasized bass. Which is good for gaming but not all that great for music listening. You didn't mention if you are going to be using these for gaming only?

Apr 23, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #8 of 10
I'm thinking for 20 bucks they would be worth a try for gaming and maybe come up with a couple of mods, since my k601s and bluetak 280s pretty much cover music.

Apr 24, 2010 at 1:53 AM Post #10 of 10
They are very good headphones for gaming. They have the biggest soundstage I had ever heard back when I had them (before I found head-fi =P). The bass is pretty strong (which I like), I actually enjoyed them quite thoroughly when I had them. They DO break easy though so take good care of them. It's been a while but I might even still consider them the best gaming headphones to date. I would have to hear them with my current selection now though to know. Very good deal when I paid $60 (at cost when I worked at CompUSA).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back