Maybe a bit fluff, but for those who know, straight up, is there a worthwhile upgrade to an EQ'ed ESP-950 for around a grand?
Feb 23, 2021 at 12:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

AndroidVageta

500+ Head-Fier
Got the OG Koss ESP-950 about a year ago, stock amp, ART Pro 342 15-band EQ, Sabaj Da3 dual Sabre 9018's from my PC. Custom, personal full grain leather pads and headband made to my specification by Vesper Audio...my God...best headphone setup I've ever owned, hands down and I've owned a lot. From the TOLT Sennheiser HD800 and matching amp to the latest HifiMan planars to $1,200 CIEM's from JH Audio, Noble, you name it...I've owned it or close to it. I'm familiar. Look at my FS/FT feedback. I'm not new or uneducated, ya know? Dozens upon dozens of headphones most people dream off. It's a hobby. I whore around. I don't stick to something too long. I've heard a lot compared to I'd say 99% of people, even on this forum. Once I popped I couldn't stop for about a decade...

This EQ'ed 950 is still the most amazing thing I've heard (the 5.2 setup right along with it might disagree lol). But for real, really, honestly, what is GENUINELY better for $1,000...or so? Man, the bass, the spaciousness, the effortlessness, dream-like...I mean just on a technical level these don't match anything I've heard. Different level type stuff, I don't care it cost me ~$400. These are music reimagined. Music reproduction on a better than original scale.

Is this actual endgame or am I potentially missing out on something for a somewhat reasonable price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back