Maya 5.1 Sound card - your opinion
Dec 1, 2006 at 7:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tomasini

New Head-Fier
So, what is your guess, intent, judgement, mind, notion, opinion, position, reasoning, say, sense for this card? How is this card in compare with
"Creative Live" or "Audigy", "Audigy2" ? Most important for me is quality of music (i play mostly mp3 on my PC trough Headphones). So, which is better?

Dec 1, 2006 at 10:26 PM Post #2 of 4
dont have facts, just opinions. it seem this card uses the Via Tremor controller, VT1723 I think? so that is a good sign since VIA is good. Although spec said only 18bit output (?) and 48khz analog output, only 96khz for digital. Probably not great.

I saw one card long ago that use wolfson dac and at the same time has eax, which would be ideal for sound quality and gaming, but it disappeared fast probably due to low sale.

If you have a audigy I say keep it and wait till you can purchase a very good sound card and amp to go along.

Dec 2, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #3 of 4
tomasini: That's a C-Media based card and not a good one. If you want something from Audiotrak, I'd rather recommend the Prodigy series cards.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Dec 2, 2006 at 8:50 PM Post #4 of 4
Well... there are two kind of Maya 5.1 out there.
Plain simple original Maya 5.1 and variations.

Original Maya 5.1 uses Cmedia 8738MX chip.

Other Maya 5.1s like Maya 5.1 MK-ii, Mk-ii LTX, Mk-ii POS, Mk-ii HP, Gold, Lite, LT... uses Via1723 chip. You may not able to find some of them outside Korea, since some of them are not officially exported and some of them are discontinued.

what do i think about them?

- Maya with Cmedia chip is not much better than Generic sound card with Cmedia chip.
- Check prodigy series. They are little expensive but fantastic.
- Check AV710 when you want a cheap sound card with Via chip on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back