May have to purchase car soon, worth splurging?
Jun 16, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #16 of 22
Don't be irresponsible. According to your first post, you don't even have the job yet. Who knows what could happen 6 months down the line. Buying a new car is is pretty dumb for someone in your situation. You lose a lot of value driving off the lot.

In your situation I would save up for a somewhat reliable older car under 3 grand (which can be found), you say your friends are care guys. Every guy should know how to work on cars, at least the basics. You can have a reliable car for cheap, and when something happens to it learn how to fix it. It's easy as hell, especially if you have friends to help. Also, you said your parents wouldn't help if you buy an older car. Good, learn to be independent. Seriously, why not save the money you would waste (yes, waste) on buying a new car and save up for a house or to further your education. I'm not trying to insult, but don't make the same mistakes other people make when they're young. A car is going to be useless in a couple years (value wise), and education and house will not.

Jun 16, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #18 of 22
cool.gif

Jun 17, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:
I kind of gave up when I saw 26 and still on the parents payroll.

I woke up this morning, my heart close to bursting, contemplating putting a knife through my chest. Because my life it seems, is utterly worthless in the eyes of strangers, that I should feel horrifying guilt for the things I have sadly such little control over. The years of suffering and efforts to find purpose can only mean nothing, as you've already known and heartlessly judged, having this obvious in-depth into my personal being.

I hope this makes you and others like you feel better. Asking for car advice, what audacity from despicable trash like I.

Jun 17, 2012 at 2:29 PM Post #20 of 22
Kirosia, go for the TSX because you are a young dude and I think the TL is more of an old man's car.

You have to pick the car that matches you best.

Jun 17, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #21 of 22
I woke up this morning, my heart close to bursting, contemplating putting a knife through my chest. Because my life it seems, is utterly worthless in the eyes of strangers, that I should feel horrifying guilt for the things I have sadly such little control over. The years of suffering and efforts to find purpose can only mean nothing, as you've already known and heartlessly judged, having this obvious in-depth into my personal being.

I hope this makes you and others like you feel better. Asking for car advice, what audacity from despicable trash like I.

You remind me of myself at 26,don't worry, it does get better.
And what doesn't get better, you learn to live with.:xf_eek:

Jun 17, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #22 of 22
Kirosia,

I think I've missed a lot of this thread, but if I might offer an opinion: Ford.

I know, it's domestic, it's not popular, etc. They also simply refuse to die (either the car or the company) - I've never fully killed one (and I've killed a Volvo and two Chevrolets in my lifetime, and driven the **** out of most Japanese cars except Mitsubishi - I despise Mazda and Subaru, have mixed feelings about Toyota, and don't mind Honda - the complaints on the Xterra are about how I feel about Nissan, I've never seen one/had one last past around 100k). I don't think Acura is a terrible choice, but I'm just not a huge fan of Honda in general. I like the Panther sedans (and for reference, I drive an '88 TC after giving up on modern cars and imports (and if you really want to sell mom and dad on it - they have the highest survivability of any production vehicle over the last 20 years, especially the TC; you don't have to explain that's because its usually LEOs and old farts who drive them - it's not cheating :p)), but there are other good options too (e.g. F150). Avoid the Explorer and it's kin. The Accord (and whatever the Acura stablemate is named) would be the next down suggestion after Ford. I'd run far and fast away from anything from VAG. Thousand dollar oil changes and blown turbos are not fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back