Maxvla, you don't check your pms very often do you?
Jan 17, 2003 at 8:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ooheadsoo

Headphoneus Supremus
wink.gif

Jan 17, 2003 at 8:09 AM Post #3 of 9
redface.gif

i'm used to the pm area being at the top of the forums list not the bottom.

i have the popup thing on but sometimes it doesn't open right.

Jan 17, 2003 at 8:12 AM Post #4 of 9
Hrm...that must stem from the "offbrand" browsers you like to use
wink.gif

Well, personally, I always use the usercp button at the top. It also "attempts" to track updates in the threads you have posted in so it always comes in handy.

Jan 17, 2003 at 8:12 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by elipsis
He's too busy posting man.

its true
redface.gif
frown.gif

wink.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2003 at 8:14 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by ooheadsoo
Hrm...that must stem from the "offbrand" browsers you like to use
wink.gif

Well, personally, I always use the usercp button at the top. It also "attempts" to track updates in the threads you have posted in so it always comes in handy.

nah its the popup blocker.

and i never use subscribe to threads. just a waste of time for me. i skim all the active thread titles and read what i want.

Jan 17, 2003 at 1:59 PM Post #7 of 9
When you get a PM when using a popup blocker click ok and then no and the message will open in the current window.

I've been using MyIE2 for the last couple of days, it's a tabbed browser with integrated popup blocker. The neat thing is you can turn off the popup blocker for the current window/tab. So I just leave a window with Head-Fi open and when I get a PM I open it in a new window/tab instead of having to open it in the current window/tab. Oh yes and windows/tabs opened from links where the parent window/tab had the popup turned off will also have the popup turned off.

Jan 18, 2003 at 5:56 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by elnero
When you get a PM when using a popup blocker click ok and then no and the message will open in the current window.

I've been using MyIE2 for the last couple of days, it's a tabbed browser with integrated popup blocker. The neat thing is you can turn off the popup blocker for the current window/tab. So I just leave a window with Head-Fi open and when I get a PM I open it in a new window/tab instead of having to open it in the current window/tab. Oh yes and windows/tabs opened from links where the parent window/tab had the popup turned off will also have the popup turned off.

how do you do this?

i've been using MyIE since like August of last year (err 2001)!! I love it!! picked up MyIE2 a couple months ago.

i have the popup blocker turned on but how do you single it out like you described?

Jan 18, 2003 at 12:25 PM Post #9 of 9
In the bottom right hand corner there is a small row of buttons. One is an X "Enable Auto Filter For Current Window" . Click that off on the window/tab you want to allow popups for. Alternatively Alt+P should do it as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back