Maxpedition Gear
Apr 30, 2008 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Edwood

1/2 hamster, 1/2 Turkish∙ Blueteething
I am an EDC (Every Day Carry) junkie, I love to carry my tons of gear, toys, and tools with me everywhere I go.

Maxpedition is one of my favorite brands. My current EDC bag is a Maxpedition Colossus. I needed something larger (but not too much larger) than the NeatFreak I was using before. And the big limiter was I needed a bag that could carry my Fujitsu P1610 Ultraportable Tablet PC with it's extended battery.

Overall outline of the Colossus is not that much larger than the NeatFreak
Edwood_MaxpedColossus_01.jpg

The Colossus is much deeper than the NeatFreak. I have a Mini Rolly Poly dump pouch attached to the side. It can hold a large Nalgene, or Two Water bottles side by side.
Edwood_MaxpedColossus_02.jpg

Fujitsu P1610 just barely fits in the rear pouch of the main compartment, has a nice elastic velcro strap to keep it in place.
Edwood_MaxpedColossus_03.jpg

The main compartment is thickly padded on all sides. There is enough room even for my Canon HF100 HD camcorder and the DM100 Microphone. Also room for my Head-Fi gear, you can't see it, but my UE Triple.Fi's are in there, and in the mesh pocket in the lid, is my HeadAmp Pico. Basically all my precious goodies live in this padded main compartment.
Edwood_MaxpedColossus_04.jpg

Main front pocket, not padded. My pens/stylus, USB cables, batteries and chargers go here.
Edwood_MaxpedColossus_05.jpg

Top pocket, not padded, but thickly reinforced. My flashlights and knives live here. Pictured from the left, McLux PD-S Slate, Ritter Mini-Grip, and Boker Subclaw.
Edwood_MaxpedColossus_06.jpg

So, anyone else into Maxpedition Gear here?
-Ed

Apr 30, 2008 at 1:34 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....So, anyone else into Maxpedition Gear here?...

Well, Ed, you know I am a fan of Maxpedition packs, too. After you wrote me to tell me about the Colossus, I knew I needed one. I forgot to order it last weekend, so I won't have it in time for Can Jam '08. That's probably for the better, though, as I think, from your photos, I like the color you chose--and we'd have looked the part of twins had I brought one exactly like yours there.
smily_headphones1.gif

The Colossus looks like it can hold as much as I'd need for an EDC pack.

I have one of their smaller Versipacks (well, it's not small, but it's certainly no Colossus). I'll try to post photos later.

For anyone here not familiar with Maxpedition gear, it might be said that their stuff is overbuilt (which I mean in the entirely positive sense). As our friend Ken36 would say: Good stuff!

b.gif

Apr 30, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For anyone here not familiar with Maxpedition gear, it might be said that their stuff is overbuilt (which I mean in the entirely positive sense). As our friend Ken36 would say: Good stuff!
b.gif

I have been using a Timbuk2 bag for the past 4 years to carry everything I need with me including my 17" Powerbook G4 and the replacement 17" Macbook Pro I got. I love the bags and it has never failed me but the Maxpedition looks droolworthy. How come every time I sign on to Head-Fi I see something else I want. Half the time it isn't even headphone related! I have to stop going into Gear-Fi. But I think the only thing to say is in fact Good Stuff!

Oct 26, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #5 of 8
Thought this thread at EDC Forums might be of interest for those that buy Maxpedition products.

Login

I'm simply speechless.
frown.gif

What terrible behavior by a company owner.

*Edit - I guess it's in the marketplace forum, so you need to be registered and logged in to be able to access it, sorry.

Here's the cliff's notes. The owner of Maxpedition (posting as "maxpedition") was caught shilling on the forum as another forum log in name (matched IP addresses and posting behavior). Made personal and legal threats against the EDC forum admin and owner. Forum Owner banned "maxpedition" and called his bluff. Legal threat was never followed through.

Oct 27, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's the cliff's notes. The owner of Maxpedition (posting as "maxpedition") was caught shilling on the forum as another forum log in name (matched IP addresses and posting behavior). Made personal and legal threats against the EDC forum admin and owner. Forum Owner banned "maxpedition" and called his bluff. Legal threat was never followed through.

Damn. And I was looking to get something larger than my Colossus too. Any recommendations for a more honest company with similar products?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back