Maximum simplified X-Fi output? (optical to iBasso D10 etc)
Jun 11, 2009 at 2:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

voon

100+ Head-Fier
I'm new to soundcards, only having used onboard since years. I bouth one mainly for Games, but now I have my iBasso D10 on the optical X-Fi Titanium fatal1ty out, disabled crystallizer and 3D Surround and set it to Entertainment Mode to listen to iTunes. Is this the maximum I can do to deliver as pure output to the optical out as possible? I notice I can still influence the volume with the Windows XP Mixer.

If I use the iBasso USB feature, mp3's player are quite a bit louder and not influencable by the windows mixer than through the X-Fi (which starts clipping at max volume it seems anyway), so I'm unsure about having done my best. I'd like to use the X-Fi as a pure optical out, since everybody says this sounds better than USB (due to the DACs in the D10 for those two inputs)

I heard about ASIO ... but I'm confused about it.

Can someone educate me and tell me how to simplify my X-Fi?

Jun 12, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 2
99% of those who claim optical is better for the D10 atleast run Macs. When you have a PC try the USB with USB Audio - the low latency experience drivers or google Asio4all. If you run Vista try Wasapi plugin for Foobar. Either way I am not much of a fan of optical though I can run it and do for my Xbox360 and headphones however USB to me is just more versitile and when your on Linux creative drivers are useless and so is optical so USB For Teh Win.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back