Maximum PC IEM Shootout
Aug 24, 2006 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

wolfen68

Headphoneus Supremus
Did anyone see this article in the September issue? They compared ER6's and three IEM's I don't think have ever even been mentioned here (one was Creative, the others I don't recall). What about universal fit UE's or Shures!?

I've decided that Max PC is incapable of putting out a good audio review. Maybe it's not their fault since it's not their focus. But the "Maximum" part should mean good equipment reviews for each computer subcategory.

I still can't forgive them for picking the ipod as the best player "ever" a couple of years ago without even reviewing any of the real competition (such as the iRiver H1xx).

Aug 24, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #2 of 8
They were better when they were boot magazine.

Aug 24, 2006 at 6:48 PM Post #3 of 8
^ I agree. I gave up on that publication when they had an article saying that the phantom console (info@ http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTEy ) was going to be a great product
rolleyes.gif

Aug 24, 2006 at 6:55 PM Post #4 of 8
Yeah I rolled my eyes when I saw that article
rolleyes.gif

Aug 24, 2006 at 7:45 PM Post #5 of 8
But Maximum PC gets it right when it comes to DRM!!!

Check out the story in this months issue on HD and Blu-Ray DVD drives and playback via a PC. It's dead on and pulls no punches when it comes to the all the trouble and problems that are caused by DRM.

However, they are pretty much deaf when it comes to audio quality.

Oh well, win some, lose some.

Aug 24, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68
I still can't forgive them for picking the ipod as the best player "ever" a couple of years ago without even reviewing any of the real competition (such as the iRiver H1xx).

Sad but true my good friend. Maybe not when going by sound quality or looks or features or anything individually, but EVERYONE has heard of the iPod, and THAT is what makes it the best player ever.

Drinking a little RedWine doesn't hurt either
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2006 at 11:13 PM Post #8 of 8
Maximum PC has degenerated into Klipsch and Plextor whores. There, I said it!
redface.gif

That said, I have a free subscription but haven't read the latest issue yet. Now I have a reason!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back