Maximum bass for AMB M^3
Jan 13, 2014 at 10:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

boozcool

1000+ Head-Fier
Most of the AMB M^3 amps with bass boost that I tried had a small improvement in bass. 

I am thinking about building an M^3 with bass boost, and was wondering how low the bass can theoretically go using the bass boost calculator. 

Is it possible to build an M^3 that is a bass monster??

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #2 of 2
  Most of the AMB M^3 amps with bass boost that I tried had a small improvement in bass. 

I am thinking about building an M^3 with bass boost, and was wondering how low the bass can theoretically go using the bass boost calculator. 

Is it possible to build an M^3 that is a bass monster??

1. You're probably better off asking a DIY question in the DIY section of Head-Fi.
2. I'm not sure how much better you're going to do than the bass boost calculator that AMB already provides:
http://www.amb.org/audio/mmm/bassboost.html

If you're really confused, why not play with the equalizer function in a media player, then model the frequency and increase you're interested in with AMB's calculator.  I'm not sure he would tell you much different. Keep in mind that in using his calculator, Rbb is fixed at 50Kohm - that's the impedance of a 50K Alps RK27 volume pot.  He gives suggestions and parameters for the rest (including the Alps pot).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back