Maximo im-490's for $17.99 shipped on woot!
Dec 6, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #2 of 4
Theres another thread on them down the page.

Maximo iM-490 daily deal

I think they're easily worth the money and make great gifts for people who aren't into hifi. The sound is very mainstream - boosted bass (but not nearly skullcandy-sized), strong mids, rolled off treble. They are comfy though and the accessories are good. Very user-friendly set.

Not as good as the pl21 though ><.

Dec 6, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #3 of 4
my thoughts/expectations exactly, and I already have the pl21's
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 17, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #4 of 4
I grabbed these during the Woot sale just for kicks. They're actually pretty impressive at $17, and if anybody wants a budget set of canalphones with strong bass and decent mids, you'll probably be pretty satisfied.

However, these do seem to be extremely picky about proper fit and insertion. The first thing I did was pull the medium tips off and switch to the larges. I stuck 'em in my ears, and...

scaffolding.

Ugh. No bass. Whatsoever.

I knew that this had to be an insertion problem, so I tried and tried and tried again, to no avail. I had just about given up, assuming that my ear canals are just naturally unable to accommodate these phones. In a last ditch effort, I switched to the medium tips...

B A S S! ...and plenty of it.

Whew! I guess I just expected the larger tips to fit better. Lesson learned once again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back