Maximo iM-490 daily deal.
Jun 12, 2009 at 5:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

fluffygdog95

500+ Head-Fier
Woot.com has the Maximo iM-490 as their daily deal thing right now. I have no idea how good they are. I just thought I would let you all know.

biggrin.gif

Woot : One Day, One Deal (SM)

Jun 12, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #2 of 12
I was just about to post this. Thanks!
tongue.gif

I bought mine already thinking for $12.99 (+$5 shipping), what the heck?

Here's a thread with positive (although mixed) impressions: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/max...-390-a-286143/

Thinking out loud: This Cheap-Fi streak is starting to get quite expensive. In the last month I purchased a Denon C351, two pairs of Sennhieser MX760s, and now this Maximo. When will it end?
triportsad.gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #3 of 12
I bought six! (and it is 5 dollar shipping, weather you buy 1-2 or three!) Great for gifts or to introduce someone to a higher quality IEM! I gave 6 for Christmas last year, to friends and family.

They seem to be a newer style than the ones I purchased from Woot last year.

My primary IEM is my WestOne 3, and the more I listen to my WestOne 3's, the more amazed I am on the sound of these very inexpensive Maximo's.

The ones on WOOT today are the iM-490, the others i have purchased were the iM-490s

Does anyone know of any Foam tips that would fit on these?

Aug 4, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #10 of 12
just got a pair from closeout woot or whatever you call it for $15 shipped and right out of the box they are day and night above cx300 ep630 and zune premium. I will let these break in and give em another listen....so far very well worth what I paid for them. I also like the accessories that are included.

Aug 5, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #12 of 12
Haven't heard the marshmellows but comparing them with my yuin pk3 they are a little brighter but all else...bass...mids are equal. For the price they are a great set of buds to toss into a laptop bag for cheap quick listens for music or movies. Listening to them right now after burning with white noise for about 6 hours. Listening to Genisis Foxtrot on my 1st gen 30gig zune and a total bithead amp and am very impressed from the price point! In reference to the "brighter" comment I don't mean harsh...a little more in your face compared to the yuin senn type sound...almost like a jvc type bright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back