Maxell HP-2000
Nov 7, 2004 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Jman999

Head-Fier
It is a good buy for $6 including shipping? When I have the money I want to spring for the Beyer. DT-250-250, but right now I have to buy a new monitor.

Also I really want headphones with velour pads and the Maxells are pretty much the only ones that do this for under $10.

Thanks,
-Jonathan.

Nov 8, 2004 at 12:13 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jman999
It is a good buy for $6 including shipping?

No headphone, period, is a good buy for $6 including shipping. Sorry.

Nov 8, 2004 at 1:17 AM Post #5 of 8
mx300 are not headphones, they're earbuds.
eggosmile.gif

Nov 10, 2004 at 12:48 AM Post #6 of 8
Let me clarify, I don't want earbuds and I don't wsnt clip-on headphones. I want a good headphone for under $30 with velour or similar material pads. Since $30 cans won't sound better than my speaker system, I'm going to wait to more expensive cans. I'll listen to my speakers whenever I can, but those times when I can't crank it and need music or DVD sound, I'll use the headphones.

-Jonathan.

Nov 10, 2004 at 1:00 AM Post #7 of 8
Unfortunately those were the first headphones I had. Very very muddy bass, everything sounds like there's a 6 inch wall between you and the music. Comfortable though. 6 dollars (if shipping is included) is a good deal if you need a pair to tide you over. At the time, I thought they sounded great
eek.gif

Nov 10, 2004 at 1:14 AM Post #8 of 8
might i suggest the Panasonic RP-HT355. they are monitor headphones and are really comfortable. also they have very strong bass and good mids and highs. for 30 bucks, you really can't complain. and they'll definitely sound better than your speakers. i use these phones on my computer and occassionally watch movies with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back