Maxed Out Home vs HA-2 and HR-2
Dec 4, 2004 at 1:51 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilardino
I owned an HR-2. I upgraded the powercord to the Elrod EPS Signature 2. Only then will your hear the real capability of this headphone amp. Great synergy.

I am glad the power cord upgrade worked out well for you. However, Ray has always recommended run of the mill power cords be used with all his gear and he has several examples where high priced cords have degraded the amps performance.

Dec 4, 2004 at 3:35 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by john_jcb
I am glad the power cord upgrade worked out well for you. However, Ray has always recommended run of the mill power cords be used with all his gear and he has several examples where high priced cords have degraded the amps performance.

Where is that thread and how did he explain the examples when a high-priced cord degraded performance?

Dec 4, 2004 at 4:01 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by stryker
Where is that thread and how did he explain the examples when a high-priced cord degraded performance?

I actually think he was telling the stories at a meet some time back. Next time I see him I will ask for a better explanation as to why as I really do not remember what he said caused the problem. Maybe if he is reading this he will chime in.

Dec 4, 2004 at 5:31 PM Post #19 of 22
I remember reading something about that. I think his point was that equipment that uses less robust power supplies will benefit more from a fancy power cord than one with a very good power supply. Ray has always paid a lot of attention to the power supply so possibly thinks that any improvement would be minor. On the other hand various people have sworn there is a sizable improvement even with his well-powered gear.
confused.gif

My feeling is that if you can afford it ... try it and if things improve you're ahead and if not you can save yourself some money.

Dec 6, 2004 at 2:20 AM Post #21 of 22
Why don't you try it and hear for yourself. You may be pleasantly surprised. I thing WellyWu has also mentioned using the Virtual Dynamics Nite to great affect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back