Max (for Mac) and ogg vorbis
Feb 18, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #2 of 16
In the settings area where you go to configure the different encoding options, it says next to the different types what it uses.
Edit: I just checked their site an it seems there is a new version, maybe it doesn't have it in the update?

Feb 18, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #5 of 16
Found this
"For pristine discs, Max offers a high-speed ripper with no error ... For example, MP3 encoding is accomplished with LAME, Ogg Vorbis encoding with aoTuV,"
From their site

Feb 18, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #6 of 16
I'm sure this information is posted in the Max forum on the developer's site, but in any case, I seriously doubt anyone would be able to tell which Ogg Vorbis compile was used when listening to music through a portable player.

Feb 18, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by csommers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Found this
"For pristine discs, Max offers a high-speed ripper with no error ... For example, MP3 encoding is accomplished with LAME, Ogg Vorbis encoding with aoTuV,"
From their site

Okay, thanks.

Feb 19, 2009 at 12:02 PM Post #8 of 16
Well, its stated there at the website.
wink.gif

Quote:

Max leverages open source components and the resources of Mac OS X to provide extremely high-quality output. For example, MP3 encoding is accomplished with LAME, Ogg Vorbis encoding with aoTuV, FLAC encoding with libFLAC, and AAC and Apple Lossless encoding with Core Audio.

Max from sbooth.org

Feb 21, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #11 of 16
XLD can do most all formats, gets updated almost daily. It also offers logs and cue. It's almost an equivalent to EAC.

Feb 21, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #12 of 16
Um I don't see why that is necessary. I'm not ripping from CD, I'm transcoding from FLAC. I have both BTW, but Max allows me to encode ALAC and 320kbps at the same time, whereas on XLD, I haven't been able to figure out how to do that.

Feb 22, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #13 of 16
you can transcode from xld also, and mutiple formats at the same time

Feb 22, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #15 of 16
I guess its a matter of personal preference. In the groups I belong to XLD is preferred over Max. We will all use what we want in the end. If you get the results you want with it then great, I switched to XLD for the results I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back