Maverick A1 vs entry level home theater receiver for bookshelf speakers?
Jul 16, 2011 at 3:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

cheezies

Head-Fier
I will be placing an order for a Maverick D1 DAC for use with my Klipsch RB61 bookshelf speakers and Yamaha RX-V795 receiver (85 watts per channel). I will be primarily using this setup with my computer as source in a near field listening position on a desk.

I was hoping to save some space by replacing my Yamaha receiver with the Maverick A1. Given how sensitive the Klipsch speakers are (95 dB), I was hoping that I could get some decent volume for listening even away from my desk (same room of course). I understand that the A1 only outputs 20 watts per channel, but I've read that greater power output does not equate to to better audio quality. Would the Maverick A1 be capable of providing better sound than my Yamaha receiver even though it has significantly less power output? (20 watts vs 85 watts) Or would I be better off just getting the D1 and using my receiver as an amplifier?

I understand that the Maverick A1 provides tube and opamp rolling options to further change the sound signature to my liking, however I am afraid that the A1 might not be powerful enough to "present" these changes through the speakers with it's low power output. Is this likely to be the case?

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v795_black__u/

Thank you for taking the time to read this, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back