Matrix X-SPDIF Impressions?
Mar 13, 2013 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

HeyWaj10

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

Does anyone have any experience with the Matrix Audio X-SPDIF converter?  I'm really interested in this product based on it's spec sheet, but would like to know if anyone has heard it and/or compared it to other converters like the MF V-Link 192, or even the new Peachtree Audio X1.  It fits in the preferred price range, but don't have any way of auditioning it before purchasing.

Even a Google search comes up with little-to-nothing in terms of reviews.

Thanks!

Mar 21, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #3 of 10
I just ordered a Matrix Audio X-SPDIF today from Arthur at Matrix Digital USA for $249.95 with free shipping.  I had been considering the Stello U3, but given the price difference and the fact that Matrix now has a real USA presence, I decided to give the Matrix a try.  Arthur was great to do business with and I would definitely recommend buying from Matrix Digital USA rather than paying the excessive prices charged by foreign sellers on eBay and Amazon.  I will report back here after I have a chance to use the X-SPDIF.

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #4 of 10
I've been using mine for about 6 months, build quality is good. It's plug and play for my mac. Can't really commend for the sound as it's my first converter.
There's just one problem with my mac (old not unibody macbook pro). Once a while, if i plug it off my mac it won't recognize it when i plug it back in, i'll have to do a restart or shut down. Another thing is once a while when listening to music, I noticed there's a signal got cut off (it's one of those moments where you know the song got paused for like a second or less than that). I don't know if it's the usb cable, usb port.

Mar 25, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #5 of 10
Just bought it.I use it for audio mastering purposes and critical listening sessions.My daw is connected to the x-spdif with a cardas clear usb cable.
The x-spdif is clean powered by the aqvox usb psu and connected with a wireworld gold starlight 5 aes cable to my violectric V800 dac.
I'm really really happy about it.Previously i had an m2tech hiface two but the x-spdif is sonically superior.

recommended

Apr 12, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
Just bought it.I use it for audio mastering purposes and critical listening sessions.

You have to change your equipment list 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back