Matrix reloaded/revolutions trailer
Jun 13, 2002 at 8:52 PM Post #3 of 10
i've only seen the reloaded trailer and i recall the song was on the original matrix soundtrack. it's the rage against the machine one right? "wake up" i believe. if it's a rage song then that's what it is, if not.. i swear it was from the old soundtrack.

sorry, i'm kinda busy and can't watch the trailer again to make sure.

Jun 13, 2002 at 9:20 PM Post #4 of 10
Its the same trailer. Both movies are listed at the end, and yes, "Wake Up" is playing at the very end. Through the rest of it there is some of the generic horn music that they used whenever they went into slow-mo in the Matrix, so i doubt that is what you are talking about.

Jun 14, 2002 at 12:07 AM Post #5 of 10
I hope those movies live up to the hype. Anyone have reason to believe they will suck?

Jun 14, 2002 at 12:17 AM Post #6 of 10
A decent Matrix sequel will be tough to pull off. The fun of the original Matrix was watching the slow unraveling of reality until everything hit you in the face at once. After the secret was told, the latter part of the movie degenerated into a slick action movie. The rescue of Morpheus (and the subsequent conclusion) wasn't nearly as interesting as the build-up to that point.

Since the secret of the Matrix is out of the bag, I don't know how Matrix II can be anything other than an action flick. As much as I liked the Matrix, I don't expect Matrix: Revolutions to deliver anything significantly new or clever.

Here's hoping I will be pleasantly surprised!

Jun 14, 2002 at 2:14 AM Post #7 of 10
i also think that releasing them both in the same year is not a good idea. Its totally going to kill press hype around the third movie, since everyone will be like "hey we just saw the second, we're too busy/uninterested/lazy to see the third already"....

but thats just my opinion...

Jun 14, 2002 at 4:32 AM Post #8 of 10
It was my understanding that they were going to release the first sequel, then the animated thingy, then the second sequel (I.E. the third installment in the trilogy). I think they are just filming them all at the same time, so they can start coming out with trailers now.

Nick, sorry, man, but you are so wrong. I completely disagree. What was great about the movie was not just the special effects, but the fact that they built it into a superb (albeit simple) story. And, WRT its simplicity -- what's wrong with that? Anyone here not like the original Star Wars? It was just a story of good vs. evil, and a damsel in distress, what's the big deal? The big deal was, it was extremely well done. Ditto Matrix.

Yes, the special effects were cool, but the coolest thing about them is that they came out of the film, not the other way around. It was still story first. They had to invent those special effects, because they were trying to convey a very specific vision (comic book come to life), and had to pack a lot of visual imagery that happened in a very short amount of time, but still make it all discernable. It made every other highly-loaded-with-special-effects film that was coming out pale in comparison (Twister, Dante's Peak, etc.).

Sorry. End rant.

Jun 14, 2002 at 3:19 PM Post #9 of 10
very good "review" dusty. i think maybe the fact that the matrix's "bullet-time" effects have been so ripped off since then, and that so many movies have done parodies of it (scary movie, etc.) that it may have clouded some minds into thinking that it wasn't anything special. however, at the time it was down right amazing. i saw it in the theatre and loved it, then i pre-ordered the dvd (for $11.88! with shipping! oh how i miss the old online dvd ordering days..) and have been watching the movie steadily ever since. i'm not a huge action movie freak either. plus, the matrix is the best selling dvd of all time (last time i checked) and nowadays i think people consider it just to be some great reference for trying out their home theatre system.. and nothing more. oh well, their loss.

Jun 15, 2002 at 4:34 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
however, at the time it was down right amazing. i saw it in the theatre and loved it, then i pre-ordered the dvd...

I saw it like a dozen times in the theater, it was that mind-blowing (to me).

I wasn't into DVD (in fact, I hated DVD when it first came out -- if you've seen that piece-of-crap known as Blade Runner, then you know why) when it first came out, so I had to get it on laserdisc. Those things were running US$100 at the time on eBay, because they were in production at the time of the earthquakes in (?Korea? Viet Nam? I forget), and they never got a full run. (If anyone wants a copy, PM or EM me, I ended up with two accidentally.)

The Matrix is definitely one of my favourite films of all time, right up there with Blade Runner, Fifth Element, and Total Recall. It might be higher than some of those.

The Matrix -- comic book
Blade Runner -- pulp fiction
Fifth Element -- Warner Bros. cartoon
Total Recall -- ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back